seeing a naturopath?

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Kate

seeing a naturopath?

Post by Kate »

Hi,

I am a newbie here. I am not totally sure I have rls yet but much of my symptoms are in line with it--creepy crawlies in my ankles waking me up 2-4 hrs into sleep, worse when my feet are hot, and going crazy from lack of sleep.

From my net surfing I have found out that nutritional suppliments can help and I would like to avoid being on drugs if possible. But I don't know how to approach this picking a multivitamin, how much more than the daily allowance is safe to take if adding additional suppliments etc.

Would it be worth it to have a naturopath run some tests to check iron, magnesium, folic acid etc levels to figure out what suppliments to try first?

Or would a neurologist do these tests too if they suspected rls? I 'm supposed to see one in 2 weeks.

I live in the seattle area so if any one has suggestions of who to go to that would be great.