I didnt even know this had a name.

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
clare

I didnt even know this had a name.

Post by clare »

At the moment I have found some relief in taking a small dose 3.75g of zopiclone nightly. I was really pleased to be getting some sleep, but last 2 nights I have woken about 2hrs into sleep with the RLS. Zopiclone is not listed in the avoidable meds section, but I wonder if it could be a problem. I need to sleep and i am getting more with zopiclone, but dont wish to worsen things in the long run.

To introduce myself, I am 38 yrs and have had RLS since I was a child. It could never explain what was wrong back then, I used to say I was having a nightmare that had very horrible sensations. I used to call it a recurring dream, thats what I thought it was, I never had a name for it and just used to try to explain these horrible sensations.

I still wake in the night having this unberable senataion of needing to move my legs, I have to shake them, walk about. Its horrible.

Just out of interest, twice in my life I also twice had a neuro problem called Bels Palsy, where half my face was completely paralysed for weeks and I had to take steroids to cure it. Is there any link, has anyone else here had Bels Palsy?