This is working for me.. at the moment

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Polar Bear

This is working for me.. at the moment

Post by Polar Bear »

This is working at the moment. Having been on Requip without a great deal of success it was eventually upped to 2mg with a bit of success. Then after working my way thru a lot of the posts and seeing what other people tried, this is what I have done:
I take about a 1/4 of my Requip tablet at around 8pm, just bite off a corner of the tablet! At the same time I take my magnesium (for burning feet) folic acid and an all round Vit B pill which has specifically B6 and B12.
At around 10/10/30pm I then take the remainder of my Requip tablet.

I've been doing this for about 2 weeks. Can get a little twitching when waching tv in the evening, but nothing much, just lie on my stomach on the sofa for some more relief. That's why I take a little piece of the Requip tablet at 8 pm. I have been sleeping now at night for 2 weeks. Sometimes the sleep seems a little shallow and I wake several times but get back over to sleep. But,..... at least I am getting some sleep. Since doing this I haven't had to put my feet in a bucket of cold water once during the night.

However, I have noticed that during the day my rls can kick in more readily when I am at my desk in working hours (is this the reboud that I have read about ) but I can deal with this better than when trying to get to sleep at night. In work, I have actually at times been using my keyboard whilst on my knees on the floor. Hey, if it works, I'm all for it.

I actually went to the movies and sat thru the movie without squirming once. This was unheard of before!! The movie by the way was 'The Last Scottish King' and I recommend it.

Wonder if any of this will help anyone. Don't know what is working, but something is!! Happy Days !!

Good luck, Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ctravel12

this is working for me..at the moment

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Betty. I am glad that this working for you. However, you had said that your rls kicks in more readily during the work hours. You maybe augmenting (having rls anytime of the day or night.) It seems yours is happening more in the daytime.

I am glad that you are sleeping better at night that is certainly a plus in your direction.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thanks Charlene, can you or anyone explain very simply the difference between 'rebound' and augmentation. Ta, Betty
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

They are quite similar. Rebound happens at the end of the dose - as it wears off - the RLS suddenly comes back strongly. Augmentation is when the RLS starts getting more frequent or stronger. So, maybe you used to have RLS only in the evenings, but now you get it at 3 PM instead of 6 PM, or the RLS used to be able to be controlled simply by walking, but now even that doesn't help like it used to.

Hope that is as clear as mud!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thanks Ann, for your explanation on the difference between reobound and augmentation!! I can see that it is difficult to tell the difference.

Perhaps you folks can help me further. As I am going on a 2 hr plane journey, folowed by a 10 hour plane journey, I have been reading the rls rebel pages on this.
I normally take my Requip in the evening. Could I take an extra dose about an hour before my morning flight takes off, 1st flight is at 08.45 am, or perhaps I could do my best with the 2 hour journey and take some Requip at 11,30 am, an hour before the 10 hour journey begins.
Would it be OK, to take an extra 'dose'. ??? I'd be glad to know.
Would the effects of the Requip be too severe, is it too much to have my usual 2 mg requip of an evening, then again the next morning (the extra dose), and then a further 2 mg on the second evening as per usual.

Thanks for any info. Betty
Betty