So tired... yet i cant sleep

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
sunshine

So tired... yet i cant sleep

Post by sunshine »

Hello all I am new here, and unil recentky i didnt even know RLS was treatable- or that it had a name. anyway, for the past few nights my RLS has been feeling worse and worse. I am considering trying to go to the hospital but who knows if they would even do anything for me- i'm retty much resigned to the fact that i am not going to get ANY sleep tonight, so if anyone wants to chat i'm sure that i'll be up.

t.d.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Aw, that's the pits, Sunshine.

Yeah, an emergency room visit might not turn out all that well. Too many docs still don't "get" it and you could get things that make it worse.

Are you possibly taking any other things that are making it worse? OTC things with benadryl (dipenhydramine) can be killer. Caffeine can cause problems, as can alcohol. Many presciptions meds can worsen it, too. Check out the "sticky" posts in each section. Lots of good info in them.

Check out the RLS rebel's site, too. www.rlsrebel.com. It wasn't working last week, but Jill got it fixed.

Welcome - hope you find what you need.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sunshine

Post by sunshine »

i have done my best to exclude anything from my life than can worsen the RLS- i am on an anti depresant. i hate this feeling though- it doesnt want to subside.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Welcome to the site. Please check out this link although a majority of anti depressants may worsen the RLS. Wellbutrin may be one exception.

http://www.rlshelp.org/rlsrx.htm#Antidepressant

Have you been diagnosed or sought treatment for RLS?

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Sorry you can't sleep for whatever reason. Welcome to the group. I dunno but I always seem to give this same recommendation...I enjoy taking a hot bath. Sometime I read, while soaking, other times I listen to music. Sometime I just soak. Sometime it is enough that when I go back to bed sleep will come. Other times it does not trigger sleep but I seem to feel better and I have passed some time in a very comforting way. On bad nights I may make the trip several times but each trip seems "helpful." Lots of good info on this site and if you are new here that will also help to pass some time and there always seems to be some good information. If anything continue to post as all here are for all here.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

brandy

Post by brandy »

Welcome, Sunshine. I am sorry that you are suffering so. Know that you are among people who understand and we will do what we can to offer support and encouragment. Are you currently on any medication? You might consider a sleep medication approved for long-term use (such as Lunesta) in conjunction with any medication you may already be taking for RLS. I hope that you can see a light at the end of the tunnel, my dear. In the meantime, we will travel with you and hope that things improve. Feel free to yell, scream, cry and vent any other way you need to do so. We all know the feeling of complete exhaustion with no rest in sight. Good luck, Sunshine.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer