Electricity Feeling...

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
lighteninglegs

Electricity Feeling...

Post by lighteninglegs »

Hi:

Does anyone experiences RLS as if their legs are wired or charged up? When I am laying in bed, sometimes I will feel as if my legs or feet are buzzing. If I move around the sensation goes away, but when I lay or sit still in the evening, it starts right back up again!

P.S. I don't get this sensation all the time, only after a few days of not sleeping much. I am not on any medication, but do take extra iron (Dr.s orders) and extra calcium. Could my body just be really tired, and is sort of shivering from lack of sleep?

Any ideas?? This is driving me nuts!!

Thanks!

brandy

Post by brandy »

Dear lightening,
I absolutely experience the buzzing in my legs. In fact, as a little girl, I would describe the feeling to my parents as "electricity in my feet." It's enough to drive you nuts. Have you seen a doctor about RLS? It sounds like you have intermittent RLS. RLS is known to be exacerbated b y tiredness. It gets worse for most of us the tireder we get. There are drugs available that you can take on an as needed basis and I would recommend finding a doctor that would be willing to work with you to find the one that is right for you. Best wishes and please keep us updated.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

lighteninglegs

Post by lighteninglegs »

Thanks for your reply, Brandy--

I have seen a doctor about it and plan on calling her today to see if I can perhaps get in at a sleep clinic to see what is wrong.

Maybe I do have intermittent RLS. It seems to flare up when I am really worried about something, then it stay for a long time. It has been about 10 days now and I have averaged about 3 hours sleep/night. Sometimes less. I feel like a walking zombie and that I will never feel "normal" again, although I know that is not true! I try not to let this get me more anxious, but it is difficult!

Thanks again!

sparky

Post by sparky »

I also have the electricity feeling and buzzing. Also, if I tap on my knees there is like a low grade electric shock that goes from my knees all the way to my toes.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Sparky! Great handle.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

bjmjpl

Post by bjmjpl »

yeah thats what i wrote about in my recent post - i call it "lit" and actually i think it may be worse after i have walked for a while...i think its better than the urgent urge to walk, like i can sleep with an okay level of "lit" but it seems to be getting worse for me very quickly...

m

ctravel12

Re: Electricity Feeling...

Post by ctravel12 »

lighteninglegs wrote:Hi:

Does anyone experiences RLS as if their legs are wired or charged up? When I am laying in bed, sometimes I will feel as if my legs or feet are buzzing. If I move around the sensation goes away, but when I lay or sit still in the evening, it starts right back up again!

P.S. I don't get this sensation all the time, only after a few days of not sleeping much. I am not on any medication, but do take extra iron (Dr.s orders) and extra calcium. Could my body just be really tired, and is sort of shivering from lack of sleep?

Any ideas?? This is driving me nuts!!

Thanks!

Hi lightening and welcome to this board. Sleep deprivation can do alot things to a person. Brandy gave you some awesome advise.

Good luck and please keep us posted on how you are doing;.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time