SOMEBODY HELP ME SLEEP

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
kickin' and screamin'

SOMEBODY HELP ME SLEEP

Post by kickin' and screamin' »

I HAVE SUFFERED FROM RLS FOR 20 YEARS ON AND OFF AND NEVER EVEN KNEW WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON. EVERYONE THOUGHT I WAS NUTS-O EVERY DR IVE HAD SEEMED TO BE CLUELESS. I WAS STARTING TO GIVE UP HOPE. THEN I STARTED TAKING ULTRAM AND IT DOESNT BOTHER ME AS LONG AS I KEEP TAKING IT BUT IF I RUN OUT OF IT, R.L.S. ATTACTS ME SO BAD THAT IT MAKE ME CRAZY. I CAN NEVER SLEEP. EVEN WITH ULTRAM THE RLS SYMPTOMS GO AWAY BUT IM WIDE AWAKE SOMETIMES 38 TO 48 HOURS AT A TIME THEN I CAN FINALLY GET INTO BED AND SLEEP BUT EVEN THEN I WAKE UP EVERY 1 AND AHALF TO 2 AND AHALF HOURS LATER AND THEN FALL BACK ASLEEP
10 TO 15 MINUTES LATER ITS TAKING A TOLL ON EVERY ASPECT OF MY LIFE
IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE IN RLS LAND THAT CAN HELP ME
I AWAIT AWAKE BUT TIERD SOMEONE RESPOND SOON
THANK YOU, PAUL

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Paul,

I answered you on your other post. I have no solution, Paul. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. As I said in the other post, even when my RLs is under control, I can never stay asleep. It's a very, very rare night when I do. Then, the length of time I sleep is never over 6 hours. That's a great night for me. Ordinarily, I fall asleep, but usually wake up within a couple of hours and can't go back to sleep for another 3-4 hours.

I don't know what the answer is. I know that some of the medication we take can cause insomnia. Ironic, isn't it?

I hope you find some help, Paul. You sound so tired.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

somebody help me sleep

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Paul and welcome to this group. I am so sorry that you are sleep deprived. I have been there and know where you are coming from. Some nights I do sleep fairly well and then others not.

I wish I could give you a good answer. Have you tried talking to your dr about getting a sleeping pill. I know other members have tried ambien and lunesta. I have never tried these. Right now I take clonazaepm and it is working for me.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

It is a wonderful group and whenever you want to just vent, talk or even scream, we are here for you.

I know that I am not giving you any info to get some sleep but want you to know that I will be here to support and listen to you.

You may want to read alot of the old and new posts as I know other members have been or is still being sleep deprived, but you may find something on there that will help you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Hi Paul and welcome. Sorry you are having such a rough go of it. Don't know if you have tried any of the other meds for rls but this site certainly has lots of good information. You may want to try looking at some of the stickies. If you do not already have one, you may want to find a caregiver who is knowledgable about rls and who may be able to give you further help. Wishing you better nights. Feel free to just talk if you need to.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

brandy

Post by brandy »

I am so sorry that you are struggling. I have had periods of 48 hours awake and they're enough to make you want to check yourself into the loony bin. I hope that you are able to find some relief. You are not alone. I have taken Lunesta and Ambien at fairly high doses to get some relief. You might consider these as options. Best wishes and know that you have family that is with you in spirit.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer