New to the Board

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
jumpyowl

Hullo guitar202!

Post by jumpyowl »

Tests came back negative. That is good that you do not have other neurological problems that can be tested for. RLS is, of course, not such a problem. 8)

You were given anti-depressants! :shock: They get prescribed very readily nowadays and have a good press, undeservedly so. They are fine in their places but they are definitely overprescribed. And not as harmless as they are touted to be. Also they make RLS symptoms worse! No wonder you did not like them. :wink:

PLMD is tricky. If you ever go and get tested for them in a sleep lab, they call them arousals even though you are not aware of them. I had 186 of them during the night. You are not conscious of them but still you do not get a good night rest. The bad thing is that they often occur during the delta phase of sleep when the pituitary gland is active in adults. This is when the muscle and other repair is going on in the body.

Let us know about events on your journey - as Rubyslippers would say. :)
Jumpy Owl

becat

you make me laugh jumpyowl

Post by becat »

Ok, The Yankee husband joke......had me rolling on the floor. LOVED IT. However, in his defense, he talks funny, but he's a gift from God. A wonderful man. Honestly, I'm glad I could be there for him and his wonderful family. There are things that happen in life that only God knows why. Thanks for the humor Jumpy, we need all we can get.
Well, I just looked up Fibromylgia. I want to first state, that being female, and near the change....having two 16 yr old boys that are starting to drive....add in that the hubby and I both work out of our home. Yes, I have most of those symptoms and more. LOL
No really, It was inforamtive and now I know why My Doc. wanted a few test done. No, I refused the big machine test, maybe will have them later. Why? because I have a clear history of Childhood RLS, and a family riddled with it. At this point, sleep is needed to see what will settle down on it's own. Your right about the pain meds.. He's offered me some big hitters this past week. Funny you mentioned feeling virtuous. There's nothing virtuous about this stuff. I just thought, I've come this far and God bless me I have a long way to go. I want quality of life, but do not want to wear out my options so soon. I did get some hydrocodone for my emergency RLS kit. As summer is here and travel and such is upon me. the other concern is that my teo boys are always on the go. I an the cab driver for now. I promise to try the pain med. on a day hubby can take over the driving.
I live in Dallas and have already gone through the list of Docs. in the area. Most of my insurance choices (bless I have some insurance) are in the same office. I have a leader in this field. I found him, I too, am self diagnosed.
FYI, went to High School in Plainview. Had to leave the panhandle, affraid the wind would carry me away. lol
Jumy Thank you for your constant support of us all. Your just good people.
Sending a hug your way.

denisefs

Post by denisefs »

Thought I'd write and give you the latest. Last Wed I had my Physical. BP was 150/90. It's been around the same my last 3 visits. She ordered an echocardiogram and a nuclear stress test (Spelling?) Am waiting for the blood test results. With the BP being so high I'm now concerned about my thyroid. Also, told her about my problems with RLS. It was like talking to a brick wall. She could care less. However, she put me on Lisinipril for the BP and I believe it's helping my legs. Is this possible??? Anyone out there had help from a BP med?
Thanks!

denisefs

Post by denisefs »

Forgot this part. BP Friday was 150/110.