neuro appointment/weather question

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
dellkr

neuro appointment/weather question

Post by dellkr »

Well, back to the neuro this afternoon...will be the first time I've raised the possibility of RLS. I'm hoping that he has a clue...I'm so tired of this (literally and figuratively!!!)

I was curious how many of you have a marked increase in symptoms, especially pain, whenever there is a major change in the weather, especially low pressure bringing rain. I just know I am in agony at the moment with this nasty weather here in Virginia. I've always said it felt like the pain was coming from the bone marrow and radiating out, and today has been a particularly evil reminder that SOMETHING is going on!

Kim

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Kim, I have that too. And your description of the pain is really accurate for me as well. I can predict the weather better than the TV weather forecasters. :wink:

Susan

becat

Post by becat »

Me too, one man on the man described it perfectly for me.

I said it was like a miagrane in my thighs, he said it was like a tooth ache in his legs.

I liked that alot. People outside our community understand both of those things.

I have my sleep doc appt. as well, today. I wish us both luck, Kim. I'm going to need it today.
How to explain 3 or 4 month of your life in 10 minutes or less, UGH! Thankfully, I've been with my doc a while now and communication is on a good path, but I still feel like I'm in trouble or seeing the Dean at school.

I'm hoping he really gets me ready for summer. It's tough with this Texas heat.
Hugs,
Lynne

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Ditto here on the weather thing. Geeks everything up several notches. Ugh!
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

dellkr

Post by dellkr »

thanks for the info! Well, it's finally official; he did dx me with severe RLS. First order of business was to put me on clonazepam...I've had odd reactions to Ambien in the past. His theory is that if he can resolve some of the sleep issues then he can determine the most appropriate form of pain relief for during the day...at least that's the goal.

But after a lifetime of dealing with this and watching my children show symptoms as well, it is a relief to FINALLY have something to concrete to rage against.

Kim