UK with rls anyone

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
waterloo2

UK with rls anyone

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

Anyone in UK with rsl?

gill

(UK)
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Percy

I'm not from the UK ...

Post by Percy »

Waterloo2 --

Sorry, but I'm not from the UK. My husband is from Belfast, so I get there once a year. I'm sure you are going to find many people in the UK have RLS -- just like the States... but they just haven't discovered this website yet! Perhaps you should print out the link and put up a few fliers around your area. You'll be amazed how many people have this!!

I wish you well... keep posting, and though we're not from the UK, we are here for you!!

Percy

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Gill,
I'm from Ballyclare, 7 miles north of Belfast. Just been to a neuro who was understanding but didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, or wasn't already doing. Control at the moment isn't too bad.... I take 1mg requip at around 1pm and another 1mg at about 8 pm... this settles things somewhat. I also take Vit b, magnesium and folic acid.
I have diazepam for emergency sleep but haven't needed it recently since I split my requip dose.
Good luck, Betty

ngarde

Post by ngarde »

hi, i'm in Ireland and i'm a sufferer!!! you're not alone!!
I'm so so tired!!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi there, there aren't many on this site from Ireland, north or south!

Betty :lol:

ngarde

Post by ngarde »

probably because we're not taken as seriously as in America! Can you imagine using the Irish health service to get RLS diagnosed?!!? :lol: :lol:

Has anyone in the UK or IRL got RLS diagnosed by a GP?? Is it a long winded process? I'm dreading seeing my doctors face tomorrow when i meantion it! :? :lol:
I'm so so tired!!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yup, I did it, I am in the North, so it is UK, i.e. NHS. My Gp diagnosed it, or rather, I told him that this was what I reckoned I had, we worked on it for a year or so, he gave me the requip, and thenI paid £120 to go private to a Neurologist (rather than wait one full year for an appt on the NHS) just to rule out anything sinister like peripheral neuropathy or MS or something like that.

My GP is great, but I WENT TO HIM WITH THE ALGORITHM and he was more than happy to keep in on my file, and to talk about it. I talked to him about how it must be annoying when patients go in with internet printouts, and he said that he finds it helful.

Good luck

Betty

jojojojo

Post by jojojojo »

hello, im in the Garden on England ...

Ive not been diagnosed with it yet - i havent seen a doc about it yet but will mention it in a few days time. I not only have it in my legs, but sometimes all over, my whole body feels like its shaking, and its very very scary.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Good luck with the doc. TAKE THE ALGORITHM, to the doc.
I also got Dr Bucherer's book from Amazon. It is very helpful just to dip into. Lots of the info I had already picked up from this site. But I'd still recommend the book.

Betty