new to RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
slowactive

new to RLS

Post by slowactive »

hello to all, thanks for being there, have read through a far bit of infor. on this site. DX with RLS NOV. 06/07 through sleep clinic. I do believe I have RLS, the sensation to move the legs and arm, is frustrating, getting out of bed and from sitting takes time. I'm on Mirapex .25mg Morning, Noon and 2 @ dinner and Clonazepam 1mg at bed time. one problem I like to ask is that I can only sleep 5 hours at night, the limbs start to ache, & burn then hard to move for pain. one hour nap around two. is this normal to get little sleep. I have more question for you nice people. Right now I want to work on sleeping more, thanks again for being here.

slowactive

found answer

Post by slowactive »

I recieved no reply from for my concern, very dissapointing.
I did fine that sleeping is a problem for people with RLS.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi, my sleep still isn't great, but much better than it used to be. I take magnesium for the burning, and it isn't as bad as it used to be, coincidence or not, I don't know. I also use the occasional 2mg diazepam to help sleep, if desperate. I found when rls was much worse than it is now, that a cold shower over the legs, as cold as possible, helped settle jumpy symptoms for about an hour or so, also used aloe vera gel on legs and feet for the burning. Often sat with my feet/lower legs in a bucket of really cold water for about 15 minutes and this often helped, tho temporarily but maybe enought to get over to sleep.

However, I see you are getting about 5 hours sleep, and honestly if I was getting this much at one stretch, I would be over the moon, and this is me reckoning I'm not too bad at the minute and also whilst using the diazepam.

Sorry, I'd also love to get a good 8 hours. Good luck

Betty

slowactive

Post by slowactive »

Betty, thanks for the response, I do take magnesium and fine that yes it does help. nerver heard about cold. not looking forward to that though I wll give it a shot.

thanks for your straight forwardness about the lack of sleep that you get. just getting to get info on RLS, through this site.

Dawn

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Dawn, I forgot to say that my main medication is requip, I take .5mg at lunchtime, .5 mg at around 6 pm and 1mg around 9pm. This works for me at the minute along with supplements.
Good luck, Betty

ctravel12

new to rls

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Dawn and welcome to this group. Sorry about having rls, but glad that you found this group. It is a very caring and supportive group. I am sorry that your post was not answered right away, but am sure that it was just an oversight.

I know that I answered another one of your post but was not on this forum. I mentioned about going to this forum and reading the ""Managing RLS" and that there is a good article from the Mayo Clinic Algorithm. Very well worth reading. I do not know if you got this one as I believe I answered you yesterday.

I have to agree with Betty B that if I got five (5) hours of straight sleep I would think that I died and went to heaven lol. Yes sleep deprivation is miserable and we all have been down that road.

Alot of times, we have to have a cocktail of meds to see what works for us. One thing to remember is what works for one may always work for another person. I myself take .75mg of clonazapem and .125 of mirapex (which I take only half of that) and so far is working for me.

I hope that you find the relief that you so dearly need and please do not hesitate to post and let us know how you are doing. If you just want to vent, scream or just talk, we are here for you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time