Hi ya'll - I'm new here

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
June

Hi ya'll - I'm new here

Post by June »

:D Happy days, everybody. I am 48 years old and about 6 months ago begain perimenopause, which brought along with it many many disorders that I never knew existed. I became very anemic and with that came pagophagia that was completely uncontrollable. Then the RLS set in and kept me up nights walking the floor. Then the severe leg and foot cramps as soon as I went to bed. I have turned into a mess. Dr. gave me stuff for the perimenopause symptoms, told me to take iron supplement, which is very very very constipating, and Vitamin E for leg cramps. Well......Still miserable. Glad to have found this site. Wish I could get some Zzzzzzzzzzz's.

KBear

Post by KBear »

Welcome! The iron supplement should help with the anemia and if your lucky it will help with your RLS too. It may take a while to work though. You will find a great group of people here who understand exactly what you are going through.
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf

ctravel12

hi ya'll - I'm new here

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi June and welcome to this group. So sorry about all the things that is happening to you and then getting rls. However, you did find a good place as everyone here is very supportive and will be here for you at anytime.

The forum that you are on now read the "Managing RLS" as there is an excellent article from Mayo Clinic Algorithm. Once you read it and if you can print it out please bring it to your dr. Also read www.rlshelp.org

I certainly understand where you are coming from in being sleep deprived. Have you talked to your dr regarding not being able to sleep?

Alot of times you may have to go through a cocktail of meds to see what works for you. One thing to remember is what works for one may not always work for another.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Again, welcome and hope to hear from you soon and that you are feeling better and sleeping better too.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

lizbestill

Post by lizbestill »

Hey June, where ya from? I thought only folks from down this way said Hi Ya'll!!Elizabeth

estelle

Post by estelle »

Welcome! I'm new here as well.

I'm sure you'll find a lot to connect with here.. I've only been reading for the past few days and it's so great to see that others are going through the same thing as we each are.