i'm new and desperate

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Got it. My bad...

Um, I didn't just re-read the post, but a couple of things that come to ming (and others may have already pointed them out).

Did the depression come first or the RLS - I think from what I remember that you had the RLS first? I ask only because RLS can bring on depression - the whole lack of sleep etc.

Moonlight - also wondering what you've tried for RLS so far - non-pharma or pharma. Both can work really well, but finding the right combo is so hard.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

moonlight

i'm new and desparate

Post by moonlight »

Hi

The rls came first ,i dont really know when but i can remember having it 23years ago, and have just sufferd it ,until now where i cant stand it any more, cos its not just in my legs it goes through my body till i could scream, thats when i hit panic.

Have depression ,one of the reasons is i was bullied at work for two and a half years,have been off sick for the last 11 months and am looking to change jobs as i cant face going back, had a meeting the other day at work and went into a panic attack, that made me decide.

I have tried herbal sleep remedies but find they make me worse, so will mayb see what the doc can do tomorrow.

ive been a bit low and panicky tonight so it will be interesting to see if the rls is good or bad tonight

Thanks for replying

moonlight x
sleep is not only a dream

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sounds like it's been a tough time for you. I hope you can get some rest and soon.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Moonlight, I hope your doctor visit goes well tomorrow. There are a lot of treatment options for RLS and insomnia, and hopefully you'll find something soon that works for you so you can get some rest.

How horrible to be bullied at work! I hope you find a job quickly where people treat you better. Fortunately a lot of the medications available for anxiety and panic disorders can also help with the RLS and sleep issues. Unfortunately, most medications for depression can cause problems with RLS.

Hopefully once you get the RLS under control and you start sleeping again, your depression and anxiety will ease up.

I wish you the best. Please keep us posted.
Susan

moonlight

hi i'm new and deserate

Post by moonlight »

hi Guys :(

Went to dr today ,well i feel like screaming, crying and stamping my feet she said if i.ve had it so long she probably couldn.t do anything about it.

I said there must be and told her about the site and the info i have found out, so she decided to check ferratin levels , also other things related to depression.

She wasnt too happy with my progress anyway as i was in a bit of a bad state when i went in , she wants me to go on to ad's and i don't , i want to stay on st johns wort, which i have come off to see if there is any diff and there appears to be ,i just feel awfull

Dr thinks the dep and anxiety is making rls worse, im in a never ending circle

sorry for going on its just i cant go on like this its all so mixed up and i'm so confused and with how my mind is at the moment its hard to work out

thanks for listening

moonlight x

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Moonlight, only my opinion, but I reckon doc sounds cr.p as far as rls is concerned. What you need is HELP.
Betty

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hi Moonlight, I agree with Betty. You're doctor just isn't competent in this area. I don't know how much choice you have as far as doctors go, but please find someone who will read the information you give them, and actually HELP you with the RLS!
Susan

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

M, The fact that you Have had rls for so long and are likely to have it even longer is exactly the reason why you doc should help you figure out what you Can do about it--and the doc should know that. What's the immediate plan?

Sorry you were not able to access the Chat Room because of the Java error. Maybe someone reading this will have and idea and pm you. Any ideas anyone?

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

moonlight

hi.i'm new and desperate

Post by moonlight »

Hi :)

immediate plan is to look at things myself, have been looking through previous posts,, very interesting.

while waiting for blood results am going to look at what i eat and see if i can help myself

i'm not happy bout what dr said but wasn't in any fit state to dispute things today

i go back on 3rd dec so maybe i'll have made some progress myself

will stop ranting now

moonlight x :?

ctravel12

Im new and desperate

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Moonlight you are not ranting. We learn from each other.

As far as the chat line, I had trouble getting on it and so I downloaded (free) Mozilla Firefox and got on the chat line by that way. See if that works. If you want to chat at someother time, please let me know or anyone else and will be glad to chat with you.

I hope that you are able to find some relief.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Moonlight, I love your name.......

The moon is a special thing for many of us here, had to make peace with seeing it far too often as it travels across the sky. But we fill it with warm thoughts, prayers, and most of all to let everyone know (here) they can find it and know they are not alone in that very moment.

Hang in there hun, we'll support and help you in any way we can.

Your home now honey, and we can row for you if you can not.

Hugs and welcome,
Lynne

moonlight

hi im new and desperate

Post by moonlight »

Hi Lynne

That was lovely thank-you, youv'e made me feel real welcome,

Had a good night' sleep last night ,but tonight forget it , forget my bed,forget that i can ever have a good night sssssleep.

I am trying a hot water bottle at the moment and its doing no unearthly good,i want to break my ankles it hurts so much aaarrrgggghghh!!

Guess i'm the night owl tonight

oh i will go and clean the house or something

night night

moonlight xx :(

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

M, Seems like it's never enough but I am sorry that you are having such a rough time tonight. Haven't checked all your posts but have you tried the compression stockings? I know some have had luck with them. Too back you can't log on to chat as I would keep you a bit of company. Best wishes.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Moonlight, I see your last post was at 1.51 am (UK) and that you are in Scotland. I am in Northern Ireland and was walking the floors at the same time, peeling potatoes for tonight's dinner, just to walk off some symptoms and get back to bed. Meds just weren't 100% last night. Legs eventually OK - more or less - but just couldn't find sleep. Ended up reading in the spare bedroom and fell asleep around 3.30 am. Up again at 6.45 for work.
So hey Moonlight, you and I were prob moon watching at the same time!!

Betty

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi there Betty :)

Yes we were probably watching the moon at the same time , although its nice i get fed up looking at it.

Yes i spend a lot of time walking about or kicking my husband in bed till i get thrown out to the settee, where i can sleep sometimes with no problems.

I hate it when its really bad for days and days as i then dread going to bed thats when i usually choose to sleep on the settee and also use the computer till around 3.00am.

I am not on meds for rls but am for anxiety , the meds im on can help rls but unfortunately i have not found this.

take care

moonlight xx :P