Claimed cure

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
caroline cg

Claimed cure

Post by caroline cg »

Hi

My Dad suffers quite badly and I have just been doing some reserach and found you. I aslo saw this site, a lady claims to have the cure. Have any of you any success with her idea?

Thanks for the help
Caroline

http://www.restlesslegscure.com/

becat

Hi Caroline

Post by becat »

Hi Caroline and welcome to the board.
Yes, we've heard of this woman before. You may find the conversation interesting about her book. The link to the thread is listed below.

http://www.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=202

Nadia, our information pro from down under, even quotes Dr. Wayne Henning in this post. I met Dr. Henning in Long Beach at the National RLS meeting. Nice man and I trust what he has to say.

One of my main problems with this whole issues is the WORD CURE. There is none at this point. For someone to make claims to such shows how much they really know. Most of us have this problem with this book. Yes, there are many vitamins, minerals, and herbs that can help. However, it's based on your body and your needs. What works for you may not work for me. We tend to say, hey this worked for me, you may want to try it. But there are many things that are not across the board for this disorder.

This is not to say, you couldn't spend the 19.95 + postage, I've tried many more things than I care to count. Spent tons of money in the process. If it works for you that's an awesome deal. It's just the word cure that catches our eye here. Everyone has a different miracle, this could be yours, maybe not mine.

I'm glad you found us. RLS can be a nasty thing to deal with. How wonderful your educating yourself about your father's problem. This education will be his best defense. The fact that you don't ignore it or just Put Up With Him is the best thing. It's hard to explain and even harder it seems to treat. What a lovely daughter you must be.
Hope you stick around and keep us updated. Many wonderful people to help you with questions and support your efforts here.
Best wishes.