I no longer have RLS and all it took was ....

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

mesolo wrote:
However since posting this information all I've been reading are negative comments about why it doesn't work ???? Not based on something as simple as trying it but based on an uneducated opinion. I find that odd.

Honestly, have you not read a word people have posted? You're getting really annoying with your yammering on about how COW has "cured" your RLS. Believe me, most of us have tried it, and for most of us, it hasn't helped. I don't why you continue to whine about how we won't try it, when most of us have and have posted as much.

Some people have selective hearing; you apparently have selective reading abilities.

We have tried it. It doesn't work for us. Count your blessings that it works for you, and quit harassing us and insulting us.
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I always check the posts but do not always post, it is often difficult to find the words I need to use, so my posts often tend to be short, and perhaps are just a 'comment'. I envy those of you who write wonderfully meaningful and humerous posts. I hope that doesn't sound trite, cos I mean exactly what I am saying here. It is a gift.

Howver...........I do not wish to be rude here.... BUT :roll:

Ann, Susan Mackjergens, Cyndi, Mark and anyone I've missed. You have all very elequently said what I was feeling. I felt insulted and pretty cross. Like the rest of you, 30 years experience of rls, ferritin at 59, done all the tests, tried all the 'cures'. Do we come across as really stupid!!! Of course, being fortunate enought to have found this site, we try to share everything, remedies and experiences, and heartache - which comes in plenty.

'Give my head peace' is a term use over here... pretty much speaks for itself!!!!!!!!!!!! and this is how I feel reading about how we will not even try COW.

Mesolo I feel you do not perhaps understand 30, maybe 50 or more years of suffering 24/7. Perhaps your happy and fortunate enthusiasm has bubbled over without much thought for those who have already covered all the therapies including diet and iron etc. etc.

I applaud your luck and good fortune and wish you the benefit of empathy and good understanding friends and in particular close family, if your COW ceases to work, or your symptoms should return.

In the meantime please do not try to pull the proverbial 'rug' from under the feet of those who continue to suffer.

Thank you for listening.

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Just my 2 cents at this point but....Is there anything else that can meaningfully be said on this topic? If not maybe it's time to mercifully "iron it out."

M
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Mmmm... Perhaps you are right Mark.

Betty
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

I agree with you Mark. The topic should be closed.

Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

mesolo

Please don't post your opinions anymore...

Post by mesolo »

I started this original post because I wanted to help people who were looking for a possible cure for their RLS. My solution was Cream of Wheat, a simple breakfast food that is fortified with Iron. All I did was Google causes of RLS and then found a solution. I didn't use a pill, see a doctor or take some kooky form of alternative medicine.

Ever since I posted that information all I ever see on this board are catty comments about how it doesn't work....even though a good deal of you have never even tried it! I tried it, it worked and I want to let other people in on it. No gimmick, no sales pitch, no book promotion. All you people out there don't need to keep on posting your negative comments. You're only keeping some people from reading my post just because don't agree with me.

So I would appreciate it if you would stop posting your comments and find somewhere else to vent.

thank you!

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Mesolo,

Since I am the last one to post before your remark of earlier today, I figured I should be the first to respond to your latest post. You said you wish people would quit continuing to post on this subject -- it has been since Feb. 9th when I made my last post to you. I fail to see the continuous remarks you are speaking of.

First, you delude yourself, there is absolutely no cure for rls. If there were the foundation would be leading the pack to get everyone on board.

Second, what works for one does not work for all. I'm very pleased that you found relief. It is my prayer that everyone someday will also find that relief.

Third, This is a rls discussion board -- whether you perceive the comments as negative or positive is your perspective. While others may share your perspective on some things, not everyone will at any one time.

I, as my other friends on this board, appreciate any and all knowledge given about things that are found to help some people. Because your "find" is not the "cure" for everyone and they state that on this board is not wrong.

I will read any topic you may post on in the future, but as far as I am concerned this issue is a non-issue and I am done with feeling like I have to defend my experiences with you. This will be the last on this particular subject from me. As for others, they are free to post any remarks they might have. That is the beauty of this board -- we value information and support where we can get it whether we happen to personally agree or find relief in the same way.

Have a blessed day and stay symptom free.

Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

mesolo

Post by mesolo »

For the last time, go post somewhere else!

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

I finally read the posts, very odd. Most everyone says they've tried COW, along with Ferritin injections and Ferritin tests but yet it's our "uneducated opinion" since it doesn't work? That's kind of frustrating to say we've tried it but ...we need to try it?

One of the main dilemma's is not the lack of iron eaten, but the lack of the person's brain with primary RLS to be able to process this iron into the brain cells. Kind of like, you can keep putting gas in the tank but if there's a baseball-sized hole in it, there gets to be limitations! :)

See this great study:
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/news_and_event ... s_iron.htm

No 2 brains are the same. Peace :!: As another guy said before, enjoy it now, and pray it doesn't stop since it may be progressive. Hopefully it continues to be a cure for you and a few others at least.

mesolo

Post by mesolo »

Could you post this under useful websites, this could probably benefit some people?

becat

Post by becat »

Posting as a Mod. here!

Mesolo, we welcome anything that happens to help even just one person, on this board.

However, your tone is getting in the way of the message your trying to send out. Your trying to be helpful, but being rude to people will not help.
Often people will ignore any post from someone that is rude or curt with others here. So if you would like for your post to be helpful, stop fighting.

In fact, just stop fighting anyway. It's not what this board or it's members are about.

Hos is right, for so many of us, adding iron to our diet is a good thing, but seems not to take hold in our bodies or it's stored but not useful, who really knows.....YET!

I am one of the gentic, lifetime members of living with RLS. Mine started as a child and continues to be painful. I can take and eat iron enriched products all I want and get very little out of it. Without medications Iwould not be here today to write to you. Sleep deprivation was killing my health, I had to go on meds., not just for Quality of Life, but for life itself.

Just tone it down a bit and try a nicer tone, it might help you some with the other members here. No one wants to fight over COW, of all things. LOL
Right?

Let's move on and let this die down. And please, I'm asking nicely, be nice when posting, you'd like the same for yourself.

Lynne

mesolo

Post by mesolo »

Good! I wish people would ignore MY message (like YOU) and post somewhere else if it's not useful to them. Once all of you go away then the people who are really looking for an alternative will have the chance to ask me questions and decide for themselves.

POST SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Mesolo

I apologise in advance if I speak out of turn here but I feel very uncomfortable with the tone of your posts. I have never known anyone to post on this forum with a tone such as this and I wonder if you are purposely trying to 'stir things up'.

This thread had been idle for a long time and for you to bring it up again in the manner that you have, appears (to me) that you are actively seeking conflict.

If I am wrong then I stand corrected, but to speak as you have done comes across as you being perhaps angry and unhappy within yourself.

We all respect each other, and each other's opinion, and that could include you, but remember that all respect is earned.

Please be kind to others, even those who do not agree with you, and remember that 'what goes around comes around'.
Betty

mesolo

Post by mesolo »

for the last time, Post Somewhere Else

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Oh.... there is so much I would like to say...
Good manners will not let me.

Enuff said.
Betty