The older I get, the more frequent I'm haunted!

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
carolynsuetoo

The older I get, the more frequent I'm haunted!

Post by carolynsuetoo »

Twenty five years ago, episodes only occured during pregnancy and a long car ride. Ten years ago, I was bothered a few nights a month during long sit-down dinners. Today, most evenings between 6 and 11 pm for a few hours. Looks like there are more medications that are being considered. Currently using Neurontin, doesn't work much right now. Talk to me.

Rainy

Me too

Post by Rainy »

It's the same for me, the older I get, the worse it becomes. Or at least more frequently, I should say. I'm almost 42...so I've suffered from this crap for years, just like you. It blows, but maybe with the help of some folks on this web site and discussion boards, we can all get through it together. :)
Rainy H.
(I just want to SLEEP!)

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Well Ladies, Im 51 and have had this crap all of my life and yes it gets worse each year. But I am now armed with education about it, and people who know what Im talking about. So even tho things still get tough I dont have to go it alone anymore. And somehow it doesnt hurt as much just knowing that. I hope to learn more tomarrow at the sleep clinic!!!!~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

jumpyowl

Welcome Carolyn Sue:

Post by jumpyowl »

If you could provide more information on medications you had taken in the past, I could possibly comment on them a bit more intelligently. Somehow I feel that taking only Neurontin somehow does not fit the picture. If you do not want to reply publicly for whatever reason, you could e-mail me directly (so we can discuss it privately.)
Jumpy Owl

Sara

Post by Sara »

Carolyn Sue--

No advice about meds, because I'm still getting along without them. Just wanted to say, I have had the same experience as you. Used to have symptoms always during the flu, in the car, if I was overtired... pretty intermittently through teens and twenties. In my 30s in increased in frequency, but I still didn't know the name of them.

A few years back I heard about RLS by accident, and the past year or so my symptoms have suddenly increased a lot-- during some periods they even last most of the day, though thankfully relatively mildly. And I do still sleep, but I MUST go to bed early after the onset of symptoms in order to get a decent sleep.

Oh, and you and I are practically neighbors. I live in the mountains southwest of you. Waving at you now. :lol:

Take care and good luck. And welcome to the group. I hope it's a help to you as it's been to me.

Sara