Our Family has Grown to 500

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
becat

Our Family has Grown to 500

Post by becat »

I just wanted to say Welcome to Marcy. With Your membship to the site or family here has grown to 500 strong.
Yahoo! It's very exciting to see the potential of this New Year.
Hears to Hope and all the strenght we gain together.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

YIPPIE BECAT!!!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!!! 500 AND COUNTING AND WE still have 10 months before we head to orlando.... they are not going to know what hit them.......This post has made my night~~~~~~~~~~~~~LYndarae

jan3213

WOW 500!

Post by jan3213 »

It's Jan

Welcome Marcy! WOW 500 members!! When I joined in May, I was number 106--WONDERFUL!!! Our fist is getter bigger and bigger, Becat. Soon, we'll be too big to be ignored!!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Rainy

500 strong

Post by Rainy »

Perhaps we should give Marcy a prize for being the "500th Poster" - what would it be? I propose a full night's sleep, uninterrupted by Anything!
(She can have my insomnia). :)
Rainy H.
(I just want to SLEEP!)

becat

LOL

Post by becat »

Rainy,
You can't give your insomnia to others, LOL. I'd think I'd give mine up, but I couldn't wish this life style on anyone. I know you were joking though and like the wit.
You know I'm #70 on the membership rolls, that was Apr. 24, 2004. Seems like so long ago, but it's such a short time for our ranks to grow this way. It's been exciting to see it happen. WE Do Have a Bigger Voice and a stronger fist. I hope the newbies understand that this board and it's members have so much to be proud of.
I can't imagen where we will be in another 6 months. How much difference can we make now? Huge steps are coming.
The most common disorder, that you'll never hear about..............
I THINK NOT ANYMORE.
Marcy you get the same gold star we all get. That star is golden just like the group we're gaining here.
Here's to 500 more.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Don't know what number I was when I joined but it was early on. I did not have a CLUE that we would grow like this. Welcome, Marcy. While we may not have been born into this family, we couldn't be any closer.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

And as of today, we are at 700 according to the little sign in thing!. I know people come and go, but what a great thing that that many people have found this board and maybe have been helped or have helped someone else in need. And what a great group of regulars we have.

Ann

becat

WOW

Post by becat »

WOW, It says that we have 800 members. That is amazing.
For all the newbies here is a few links you might enjoy.
Remember, we learn from one another here. Join any conversation. Everyone is welcome. No matter your RLS level or treatment.

Starting out links and information:
http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=549

Useful websites:
http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94

You can add your voice to ours. Tell your own story.
http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=536

National Meeting Information 2005:
http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=911

Take a survey:
http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=553

Welcome to all the newbies.......We're sorry you had the need to find us, but glad your here now.

Sara

Post by Sara »

Wow, 800!!!

Not sure where we were at when I started, but I know I was here long before your "we hit 500" original post in this thread.... so it's a lot of growth since I found you all.

I sure appreciate the support and place to sound off about this. :D

Sara

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

becat, time to edit this to "900"! I had a difficult night tonight and came down to waste some time while I waited for my legs to calm down. I just happened to glance at the counter and it was 900! I just looked a couple of days ago and it was 887. The rate is sure fast and furious since those ads started.

And in the same week we hit 900, many of the original members are back, too. I joined in October last year I think, and read many of these people's posts, but they weren't here then. It is nice to read posts from Heronak and Claradragon and others and see they are still part of our community.

Ann

becat

No kidding

Post by becat »

Hi Ann,
WOW 901 as I logged in.
It's been a wonderful week for this board and it's cyber family it supports.
I loved seeing the bunch of old timers around here. All the newbies, too.
It did feel like old home week and it was comfy.
Newbies, listen up! Your welcome here. Your welcome to post your thoughts and feelings on any post we have going. Heck, start your own post.
With the commerical coming out, we have so many that are just glad to know this has a name. Your not alone there, we were all excited to hear that. No matter what level of RLS you suffer. Your welcome here. We need all of us around here. We need everyone to ensure that our voices are heard.
We learn so much from one another here.
One year ago we were barely going with this new board. As a group, our little cyber family, we came together. We shared ideas, news about treatments and research, we got active in giving ourselves a voice. We are a proactive group.
Some of us got to meet in Long Beach at the RLS Foundation's National Meeting. It was like meeting family. I can't wait for Nov. and Orlando.
There are no limits to finding answers, asking questions, giving and receiving support here. Jump in the boat with us. We take turns rowing here. It's a wonderful bunch to be with.
Yeah 901!

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

And with people like you Becat on this site, well, let's just say, I don't think I would have made it this far if it weren't for people like you!

Love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

becat

Post by becat »

I'm adopting you Penguin. :D
I don't do anything here that wasn't done for me. Seems like your doing the same around here as well.
Like the others that post here often or when they feel compelled to answer someone's post......I know how lonely this disorder can be. I simply don't believe that anyone needs to fear that kind of isolation. There's so many of us out here. 1 in 10 adults have RLS, we've got more company coming to this sight.
I know I speak for several of us when I say, this place is a lifeline.
Thank you for the love.........Penguins Rock for sure.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Becat, you couldn't be more right about the isolation.

BUT WE'RE HERE!!!!!

Ready to lend and ear, or in our cases, an eye LOL

I'll email you later!!!

Love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

claradragon

Family

Post by claradragon »

Without the warmth and spirit shown within this family of ours many of us would still be alone and full of hopelessness.

Even if there is no light at the end of the tunnel I know you're all holding torches high so I can see my way.

Thankyou
My bio is on pg1/new to rls/new members and current members please help.My diary is under new to rls/is there light at the end of the tunnel?