Exactly which muscle(s)?

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.

Exactly which muscle(s)?

Post by Guest »

I know rls isn't really a muscular problem, but the annoyance i feel is in my calf muscle, and I - like lots of other people - often find relief by stretching. So I"d be interested in taking a poll - in exactly which muscle(s) or parts of your leg do you experience the pain/annoyance/etc?

For me - the calf, but actually about one inch below the thick part of the muscle where my leg begins to narrow

**Jim

sardsy75

RE: Which Muscles

Post by sardsy75 »

Hi Jim

My RLS symptoms are in the whole calf and hamstring muscles on both legs. My thigh muscles also join in on the odd occasion.

And on the really really bad days, the muscles in my arms (shoulder to wrist) join in as well.

The "feelings" are just in the muscles. Any other pain is as a result of my stretching etc.

Hope this helps you out

Nadia
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Mine is also mostly just below the fattest part of the calf to right above my ankle. When I have the jerks, it jerks my foot as well as my leg. It usually starts in one leg and once it FINALLY quits, the other leg starts. I seldom have it in both legs at the same time. I have the tingles all over but the movements just in my legs.

Heronak

Muscles involved

Post by Heronak »

Hamstrings, calves, gluteals and biceps when my arms are involved (infrequently), almost always both sides at once. Not much in my quads.

Heron

becattx

muscles

Post by becattx »

From my hips to my feet. From my shoulders to my hands.

Allivymar

Post by Allivymar »

Entire lower body, from the small of my back all the way down. Quads and calves are the worst.