For requip users

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
ctravel12

For requip users

Post by ctravel12 »

This gentlemen asked me to post this for all the requip users.

I'd appreciate it if you would pass this info on to ReQuip users (Sorry but we both work long hours and don't have time to join or post this) maybe you could post it for me

My wife Jade has been on Requip for 9 months and had to increase her dose in order for it to work but the constant nausea side effects kept her up more than the pain so she found this website and finally slept through the night the last 2 nights....we both did some research and found this site and others and here is what she did the last 2 nights.
She switched from Requip to Mirapex..(Doctor started her at .125 mg but it didn't help as she had to take 3 tablets before the pain went away so the doctor upped her dose..and the last 2 nights she was pain free by taking the Mirapex plus the following 6 things.

1) She switched from coffee to decaf....(she had to find a decaf that tastes similar)..
2) more iron (eats cream of wheat once a day)
before she goes to bed she takes the following:
3) 1 tsps of blackstrap molasses
4) double dose of Calcium Magnesium tablets (about 300 mg of Mg total)
5) Tsp of baking soda in small cup of water
6) Tsp of apple cidar vinegar

She intends to gradually reduce the dosage of Mirapex and eventually try to pinpoint the main culprits (caffeine, mineral or iron deficiency etc.)

thanks Charlene,

I can see that your helping a lot of people out on this website...God Bless you and everyone who has RLS....I don't have it but I know one of the worst ills to mankind is the inability to sleep when your tired

Oh, this sounds stupid but she even has a bar of soap in the package at the bottom of the bed

Phil Gough
Charlene
Taking one day at a time