Update

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
jenifa

Update

Post by jenifa »

I went back to my Dr and after informing him that I have been searching the internet for informations on what could be causing this pain in my leg and I think it is a nerve pain, He have finally agreed that the pain in my leg could be coming from a HERNIATED DISC that is touching my sciatic nerve....it's not from my knee in which he had me did that MRI,now he is sending me to go get another MRI on my back.I told him if I go back in that machine they will have to CODE me because I am going to pass out :( I AM DONE WITH HIM......
I called a neurologist and is going to see him on monday I know I will have to do another MRI but someone told me there are standing mri machines... have anyone ever heard of such machine?

My rls is still there but my whole fucus is now on this nerve pain....it really hurt :(
Be happy
live, love , laugh

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Jenifa I do not know if I welcomed you to the group, if not then welcome.

As far as a standing MRI I have never heard of it (not saying that there is not one) but know there is an open MRI but heard that the close one gets a better reading.

I hope that I never have to have a MRI as I am extremely claustrophobic.

Good luck and let me know how it turned out.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I've heard of a standing MRI. Never seen one, though. I wouldn't be surprised, since it'd be useful for diagnosing a bulging disc.

If you're claustrophobic, they can sedate you. There's no need to avoid the scan, or to suffer through it.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

Hi Jenifa, welcome....I just had an MRI..since I did not want to go into that tunnel again..they tried the open one..BAD IDEA.. It seems you have to stay still for about 45 mins. no way was that going to happen. I left the office took 1/2 Lortab and a Requip, had the closed one and it lasted about 15 mins. As long as I kept my eyes closed and breath deep, I was OK. They do give you a panic button and will pull you out quickly.

I have 3 bulging disk that seems to have been causing most of the thigh and knee pain..I've had two injections and am in PT. Seems to be helping. Still have the RLS. Guess I'll just have to live with that.

My GP was treating me for PN with Lyrica. I did not have the stinging, stabbing pain related to that. My pain clinic dr took me off gradually and none the worse. Maybe I can loose some of the extra weight put on by it.

Are you diabetic?

Hope this gets to you in time. Pat

jenifa

Update

Post by jenifa »

I had a (EMG) nerve conduction studies done yesterday, the technician told me the problem seemed to be coming from my L5 looked like a buldging disc but my Dr will give me the complete report,the pain is so severe at times I totally forget about my RLS :? I am still waiting on approval from my ins. for the MRI.......I found out that there are standing MRI machines (I googled it)

Pat....I am diabetic but under control A1C is 5.3 for a very long time now.
Be happy
live, love , laugh

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's good that you now know. Thank goodness you were able to get your doctor to agree to it; hope the insurance company pays.

What's next?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.