Hypnotherapy

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.

Hypnotherapy

Post by Guest »

Hey, I've just recently been diagnosed with RLS though it's affected me since I was little. I've been looking through all the possible remedies that have been suggested and was wondering if anyone's ever tried hypnotherapy? I really don't want to start taking pills with strong side effects at my age (23) but really need to reduce the RLS symptoms because they're driving me crazy!!

Any thoughts??

sardsy75

Try the RLS Rebel Site First

Post by sardsy75 »

Hi there

The best place for you to start would be the RLS Rebel site ( http://www.rlsrebel.com ).

Jill has a myriad of non-drug treatment techniques for combating RLS and some of them are quite effective (I can vouch for a number of them!), even if they do sound quite bizzare.

I myself have not tried hypnotherapy, but if you think it might help, by all means give it a try.

If you go to the General Topics on this discussion page you will find a post I made a couple of months ago regarding Massage, CranioSacral Therapy and various other techniques I have used in my own battle; it may give you some more ideas.

Hope this helps you out.

Best of luck with your trials, feel free to vent in our direction at any time and keep us posted with your progress.

Take care
Nadia
28/Qld/Aust
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!