No Pain but the irritability is driving me crazy!

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Anonymous

No Pain but the irritability is driving me crazy!

Post by Anonymous »

I don't know if i have RLS. i hope i do in a way because at least i would no that i'm not going crazy!

the irritability happens when i go to bed and i'm lying there, snuggled up ready to get some sleep. my legs have the weirdest and most annoying urge to move. when i get up to walk around the urge is relieved- but if i go and sit down my legs have to move around and i find myself stamping my feet on the floor or kick them around to relieve the stress.

i haven't felt any physical pain but if i don't move i just feel like i'm stuck within myself and i'm trying to get out! i get so aggitated that i feel like i need to punch something and want to scream-sooooo much!. sometimes the need to punch something feels almost too real-like there's 2 of me (one doing one thing and the other doing something else)

i had a brain tumour removed a couple of years ago and i've got hydrochephalus.....hmmmmm?..... i'm starting to think i'm being picked on. lol. could i have RLS even though i don't feel any physical pain?

Stay Beautiful everone. *huggs* :)

Sara

Post by Sara »

Welcome, Juniperberry--

You do NOT have to have "pain" to have RLS. I would say I pretty much never have "pain", though sometimes the "irritable" feelings you mention get so severe nowadays, that it's certainly excruciating in its own way! :roll:

A number of the more severe-case members do describe pain. So I don't know if that's a symptom of a more-progressed case.... or just a different "presentation" of symptoms. There are a range of descriptions of specific symptoms for RLS, not to mention different areas of the body different people suffer worst, and even some variations in timing of symptoms.

But I can relate to what you described. And actually, people don't use the term "irritability" much around here, but that's quite a good description of what *I* experience. If my creepy, crawly, itchy, bouncy, jerky "white-noise" symptoms get really bad, it makes me want to scream, too! LIke you said, not in pain, but in irritated frustration because it won't go away.

You've been through a lot, so you must be tough. :D Hang in there with the RLS. You're not alone.

Take good care.
Sara

PS... Who's stamping and pressing her feet while typing because it's past her bedtime, but the kids still need help with their homework. :roll:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Juniperberry, many of us do not have pain. Until I started coming here, I'd never heard of pain with RLS - 7 of my family members have it and none of us have pain. The only thing all RLSers have in common is that the person has sensations in the limbs or body that make the person want to move to eliminate the sensations. Some people have pain, some people have it in their feet, others calves, others thighs, and some in the trunk, arms, or neck. it's really quite different for all of us.

Sounds like RLS to me the way you describe it. If you read through the posts, you'll find many people who would describe it just as you have. You'll also find some great information from some wonderful people.

Welcome, even though I'm sorry you had to find us.

Ann

Christy

Post by Christy »

Yep juniper you have what I've got.
Good luck.. help is out there .. we just have to find it.!
Thanks for listening....
Christy