New, with questions

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
riffir

New, with questions

Post by riffir »

Hey, I'm new to this forum. I've been experiencing RLS for about five years now (I'm 24), and for the most part am managing it ( I use that word VERY loosely) without medication. I hate taking tylenol for headaches, and most other medications make me nauseous. (this is not a judgment on medicine- just a personal preference).
I've been curious if other people experience triggers that make their RLS stronger or weaker. Mine seems to come in cycles- I once went for a few months without any symptoms only to have them come back twice as strong when any pattern changes, be it location, sleeping next to someone, if I'm able to exercise, or any other number of thins. Touch is a big thing- my boyfriend even brushes against me in his sleep, I get horrible symptoms. But the biggest thing that seems to trigger it is stress, worry, or just generally busy. Which of course means I get more stressed out, which means less sleep. Never ending circle.
I rarely hear about RLS occuring in a cycle, so I'm curious if this is rare, or if I've been misdiagnosed.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Not that you want to be just like us....but you're just like us. At least, most of us.

If you had a few hours with nothing else to do (not that any of us do), you could read hundreds of posts here where people are saying just what you're saying.

I'm not saying it's definitively RLS, just that RLS can be variable - extremely.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Lewis21403

Post by Lewis21403 »

At 24 I cycled too. At 42, well no more cycle, just full blown. I notice that the cold does make it more angry(RLS sysmptoms). I was never a pill guy but I am know and it helps. Good luck with it and keep us informed..
Lewis
Can some one get the snakes outa my veins?