Hi! I'm a newbie here!

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
VictorOne

Hi! I'm a newbie here!

Post by VictorOne »

I just registered today, think I have RLS and will be joining in discussions here. I am from Toronto, Ontario, a 60 year old male.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi VictorOne
Welcome to the site, you will find lots of information.
Sorry that you think you might have rls but we are all here to help as best we can.

We look forward to your further posts.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

runkrun

Post by runkrun »

VictorOne, Welcome, you've come to the right place for loads of information and support for RLS. I joined about 9 months ago when I was at my wits end. Everyone hear knows exactly what your going through. I've received nothing but information, suggestions, love and support from others. For that I am grateful. Hope we can do the same for you.

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Welcome VictorOne: I have been registered about 5 or 6 years, found this site one night, really early morning when I was prancing the floor. Crying, so tired and yet my legs were going crazy. Anyway, standing up, at the computer, I poured my heart out on this site. Not knowing what to expect. What I got was encouragment, support, information. And it was so wonderful that here were people who knew exactly what I was going through. Before, I thought I must be going crazy. It seemed no one understood what a toll this thing called Restless Legs Snydrome was taking on me. :(

Since then, after many doctors, meds etc, I am on meds that control the RLS to an extent. But at least I am sleeping more than 1 or 2 hours a night. And I have learned from this site about medicines, how to deal with doctors. Who usually know nothing about RLS. And if nothing else, I can get on this site and vent. Which helps alot.

First I suggest you read the Mayo Clinic Algorithm, and then get Doctor Buchfuhrers book "Restless Legs Syndrome, Coping With Your Sleepless Nights". I got mine from Amazon.com. Dr. B is a true expert on RLS. Dr. B has a sleep clinic in Downey, Calif. Was on the board of RLS Foundation. You can even email him and he will answer your questions, usually within a day or two.

Wish you the best. And sorry you have this old demon RLS but if you do, this is the place for help. As I, and others with RLS have said many times., "I love this place."

Take care and hope to read more posts from you.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand