rls

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Michel

rls

Post by Michel »

After reading how severe some people have rls i know that i am lucky that mine is pretty mild. Mostly it is worst when i am tired , it is indescribable to those who have never experienced it. Nice to have a name to something that i have had as long as i can remember!!

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hi, Michel--

Amen!!! I also have a milder case than many who post here, and I do feel fortunate to be able to handle my symptoms as well as I do... AND to know some folks who can help if mine continues to progress in severity with age (as it seems to be doing.)

Being overtired is a HUGE trigger for me, too, and also for my sister-in-law's husband and my 12 year old son. It's at least a trigger that we can often do something about, thankfully! And although our one son and I miss a lot of time with my night-owl husband and night-owl son, careful adherence to bedtimes CAN save our younger son and I quite a lot of discomfort. We both find that the later we "push", the more our RLS will hinder our sleep! Is it the same with you???

Take good care, and welcome to the group. I also didn't know that RLS existed until just recently, and it IS a good feeling to have a name for something I've wondered about (and thought was just an idiocyncrasy of mine) since I was a teenager!

Sara :D

becat

Hello

Post by becat »

Hi Michel and Miss Sara.
I welcome our new member and hugs for our more mild, but stronger member.
Hey, This gives me a chance to say. I'm so glad you post at for the other mild people who visit this board.
You both need to hear that your stories and thoughts are greatly welcomed.
If the only things people read are the postings of people at one level of severity, we're going nowhere. The more different our symptoms, of levels of RLS, our treratments..........the more we share here.........the more we learn.
I just wanted to let you both know it takes all kinds to make this board what it is and can be. We're effective when we have the knowledge of many.
I for one thank you both for sharing your important side of RLS.