disability benefits

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
squirmy

disability benefits

Post by squirmy »

I have been unable to work for about 4 months due to SLE and RLS. I have the SLE under control, but still struggle with the right meds for RLS. I think it is horrible that SS disability does not recognize RLS as disabling. At this point it is by far more disabling than my SLE. I can get benefit help for the SLE, but I want to do something to push the SS administration to recognize RLS as disabling. What can I do? Who should I write, I want to help. Tina

Lovechild3113

What is SLE?

Post by Lovechild3113 »

Hi, my name is Jamie. I don't have an answer for you, but I was wondering what SLE is? I would like to keep in contact. It is nice to know that other people have RLS, even though it really sucks, but just knowing that I am not alone in it. I am a 22 year old female. I have two kids. My daughter is 6, and my son is 17 months. I am also married. We live in Ohio. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jamie
Lovechild3113@aol.com
Lovechild3113
Jamie Wilderman

SSI

Post by Guest »

I know excatly what you mean. How do you know that you can't get SSI for RLS? Have you tried to get it? Please let me know. I think that it is total bull crap that we can't get SSI for RLS. Without my meds keeping it under control, I don't know what I would do.