Hi!! New to the site

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
cmistaya

Hi!! New to the site

Post by cmistaya »

Hi.My name is Cindy. I have had RLS since a teen and now in my 50's. I am looking for help and just others with the same problem because my RLS has now become worse. I had always controled it with exercise but now that doesn't even work. I now have it 24 hours a day almost all the time and it has gone into my arms and shoulders. Meds don't seem to help most of the time now. Just want to have a group of people that I can go to when I think I am loosing it which seems al lot lately.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi CIndy,

You're in the right place. I've definitely had periods of losing it!

I'm on my way out the door, but will write more later.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Cindy
you will find some good reading on this board and it was this site where I educated myself with regard to rls and in turn printed out the Mayo Clinic Angorithm and took it to my doc.
You can access this via the link in my signature.
The Algorithm is for those of us who have reached the point of needing medication.

We come here when we are happy and have something good to tell, and when we are at our wits end and need a good rant about it all.

I am also a 24/7 suffer with symptoms also in the arms, and with resultant sleep issues, hence I am at the computer when it is 1.15 am :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi Cindy. I'm 24 hr/d arms and legs when not on meds. I've had a difficult time finding meds that work but now I'm on extended-release hydromorphone which has given me back some semblance of a life. What meds have you tried?

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hi Cindy. Welcome to the forum. Feel free to rant and vent whenever you need to do that. We all understand the beast that is RLS. You'll find a lot of good information here, too.
Susan

sleepdancer

Welcome

Post by sleepdancer »

Sure hope you find some info here that may be useful to you. Seems to be a variety of what works. The way you and some others describe your RLS, it must be more severe than mine was, and I thought I had it bad. I think my PLMD disturbing my sleep is more problematic than my RLS, though at my last sleep study the doctor felt the RLS was a greater problem for me. A TENS Unit has helped my PLMD greatly, can't say if it would be of any help for RLS.