RLS, vitamin deficiency, and dehydration

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
blueSchatzy

RLS, vitamin deficiency, and dehydration

Post by blueSchatzy »

I have had the symptoms of RLS since I was a kid. I do not get RLS unless I have a major migraine with vomiting that leads to dehydration. I have had to go to the clinic on several occasions and to the hospital over night on a couple occasions for dehydration from my migraines. After they give me an IV to rehydrate me is when my RLS starts. I believe that my RLS is caused by rehydration after very bad dehydration. I never get it otherwise. I'm not so sure about the vitamin deficiency because I do take multivits.
Schatzy

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hi, Schatzy--

That's really interesting! Have you seen the survey here on the site? I'd love to see you send some more specific information to Jumpy about your symptom pattern. Seems like it might be the kind of intermittent RLS that might be useful to research to know about!

Take care. Migraines AND RLS are the pits!!!!!! :(

Sara

becat

Here's the link

Post by becat »

Hey to you Sara and welcome to you Blue, ( Love that first name, truely is a favorite of mine.)
I found the link to Jumpy's survey.

http://www.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=552

Blue you should fill one out. Very interesting thoughts about your RLS. Never thought about that one.
Gotta Run, be well both of you.

blueSchatzy

sorry, my first reply never showed up :?

Post by blueSchatzy »

Well, I replied last night but I don't know why it isn't here :roll:

Thank you guys for you replies :)
I filled out the survey last night and I hope it helps :)
All I can say is that I had no idea restless legs affect so many people in varying degrees! The last time I had it they kept me awake half the night!

TTFN :)
Schatzy