Help me!

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
burning feet

Help me!

Post by burning feet »

Hi!

I don't know whether or not I have rls, maybe someone could tell me....

every night for the past 5 yrs or so (I'm 33), before falling asleep, my feet have this incredibly uncomfortable burning sensation. It is so uncomfortable, it keeps me up at night and I don't know what to do! I've imagined inventing some sort of ice socks or something cuz it's SO uncomfortable.

Maybe someone could inform me as to whether or not this would classify as rls.

If it does, I would really appreciate some advice on how to get help, what could the reasons be for this condition etc.

Thanks

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

None of us are experts so even after checking out the info here, please find a doctor to help out. Some of us have pain, of many types. You might check out peripheral neuropathy on the web also before going to the doctor. I am lucky enough not to have pain associated with the RLS. Jumpy has a daughter with fibromyalgia that is in intense pain. Do you have the creepy-crawly feeling in your legs where it seems that you HAVE to move them? That is the principle symptom of RLS, all the rest is extra (no charge either!) The best thing is to educate yourself the best you can, whether you get the information here, from the RLS site itself, other websites, wherever and then find a doctor who will not only take your symptoms seriously but is willing to work with you to find help. Check out the various links that people have posted too. Let us know how you are doing.

jumpyowl

Burning feet!

Post by jumpyowl »

What you have written so far does not sound like RLS unless the burning feeling goes away when you move your legs or feet. Does it have a circadian rhythm to it like being more intense between 11 pm and 4 am?

Ice socks would probably not help as it is not the temperature that causing your problem. To check that have you tried sticking your feet out of under the blanket and sheet? What about support hose?
Jumpy Owl