vericose/spider veins

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
bj

vericose/spider veins

Post by bj »

Thanks again to those that gave me advice the other day. I DON'T have any diagnosis, but have more questions that I was hoping someone could help me with.
First. do some people with RLS have mild leg pain throughout the day, and has anyone heard of a correlation between RLS and vericose, or spider veins? I had injections in my legs today, and the Dr. said he has heard about a correlation, and that sometimes getting rid of spider veins, helps the leg pain. AND, my final question- the movement is not as much an issue as the pain, (more at night), in my legs, that are relieved temporarily by movement, which is the reason I move.
Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree?

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

BJ,
I don't know about the spider veins, but I do know about the pain. Starts off like a toothache and then by late afternoon my legs feels like granite and if anything touches them, i feel like i'll shoot right off the planet. My RLS seems to be bicoastal. Both legs, from hips to the bottom of my feet. Anyway, good luck.....
Beware the Penguin

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

BJ, if you go to the rlshelp.org site you will find a reference to varicose veins on the Treatment page. For some people with varicose veins there is a reduction or elimination of RLS when the veins are removed. I haven't read it in awhile, but I think it was related to removing larger varicose veins, but I easily could be remembering wrong.

Hope it helps!
Ann