Magnesium and Vitamin B12

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
helenjamieson1965

Magnesium and Vitamin B12

Post by helenjamieson1965 »

Hello everyone. I have recently started taking supplements of Vit B12 and supplements of Magnesium. Can anyone tell me what the recommended daily dosage of these supplements are for RLS. I'm taking 1000mg of Vit B12 and 500mg of Magnesium. Thanks for any replies.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Have you found a deficiency and that's why you are supplementing?
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, shoot - I saw this the other day and forgot to respond.

To my knowledge, there isn't a recommended dose. If you are deficient, you need supplementation. If you are not deficient, I don't know of any research that shows it will help.

There is anecdotal commentary that it helps, but I have no idea what doses people took.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.