Hello New

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
TinkerM

Hello New

Post by TinkerM »

Hello thank you for this site. My husband is 71 and has suffered with RLS now for 23 years and it has now gotten so bad it affects his arms and sometimes whole body. He is at his wits end and not doing well emotionally.

My question is has anyone every heard of Oxygen Therapy? A friend deals with a doctor that claims a fungus on the spine is the culprit. That our nerves are like electric motors each can be be short circuited by many factors. This therapy is in a liquid form which can be taken internally and topically for example toenail fungus, which my husband has badly. Not knowing if there is any correlation with the two. We have tried everything.

I am just finding out more about this and will post more as I know. I feel that it may be time to look outside the box as nothing seems to cure this, and pharmacuticals for us anyway are not the answer but more problems.

I look forward to spending time here a long time and reading but wanted to let you know where we are at and say hello and thank you.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sounds like you're both in a tough place, Tinker. It's very kind of you to come and try to find help for him.

Someone posted asking about ozone treatment a few years ago...any relation? They were looking for info, though, just like you. The person never came back to say if they used it or not.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

TinkerM

Post by TinkerM »

Thank you for the welcome. I just got off the phone with the doctor and he has a website. The Oxygen therapy information is at the bottom. My husband is doing the pro-biotic 100 for his fungus on his nails and also he said that it this fungus is also causing the nerves damage. He said that using this formula may stop it, or at the very least minimize it, but there is also a 90 day plan that could stop it totally. This is not just for RLS as you will see by reading his site. The home page is having problems but you can back door at this link.

Lots to learn and people are very funny when it comes to changing things we have been taught all our lives. He works with plants and animals also as we are in crisis with chemicals and our air our food is a cause of many disorders if not all.

So again we are just learning but I know that when you get to the point where we are and have tried all these years with no avail. We are willing to be open minded and I have seen the results now with 2 people who are doing this and feel amazing and many symptoms are now gone for all sorts of ailments.

I will follow through with you, and not forget you all here and let you know how my husband does. He should get his in a few days. It would be interesting to know if anyone that has this also has any fungus problems, my husbands RLS starts at his toes when the sheet seems to hit it just before falling asleep and that is where his fungus is. Someday we will get this thing..

http://bodyelectrician.com/diet.html
http://bodyelectrician.com/bio.html

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Very interesting. Will look forward to hearing the results.

No fungus here, thankfully. For at least 50% with RLS/WED, it is inherited and not related to other problems. That's mine, so this wouldn't help me most likely.

I do hope it helps your husband.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

TinkerM

Post by TinkerM »

Your welcome. Yes I heard that is ran in families some more and have done some work looking into this also, but as many genetic diseases they also can be predisposed to the cause which is why there is still ongoing research to find a cure. Genetic predisposition is something that can actually help us link the cause and find the cure, so don't throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet!! :) I don't think they have ruled out other disease associated with this on any level yet it could be passed on and seems so, but the reason is what we all are hoping to find out.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Most of us have tried stranger stuff than that to lessen the RLS/WED. Whatever works is fantastic so let us know.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

TinkerM

Post by TinkerM »

Chipmunk wrote:Most of us have tried stranger stuff than that to lessen the RLS/WED. Whatever works is fantastic so let us know.

Thank you. We really did not seek this for this reason actually for colon problems, but after doing more research finding out so many things stem from eating.

On a different note, last night when the nasty demon raised its head, I told my hubby to put his foot outside the covers. He slept that way all night and it never progressed which never happens once its on. Always for him like I said starts with a sensation in his toes. So tonight I am going to put some Ben Gay on his toes and try it also.

The fungus theory does not mean you have to have toe fungus that was just my thinking maybe some connection. The spine has always been my thinking where this is coming from and something aggravating the nerves.

We can all learn something I guess if not the cure but sure hope one day this is over for us and our families. Thanks