My symptoms seem to be different than everyone else's. Help!

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Lovechild3113

My symptoms seem to be different than everyone else's. Help!

Post by Lovechild3113 »

My legs get VERY jumpy feeling inside and VERY crampy feeling. I also get VERY weak and tired feeling, and have hot and cold sweats. Please respond to help me get some answers. No one else seems to have the symtoms that I have or at least not as bad.

Jamie
Lovechild3113@aol.com
Lovechild3113
Jamie Wilderman

flyer50

Post by flyer50 »

Hi Jamie,
I wanted to welcome you as I see you are new to this wonderful site.

Each of us have similiar yet different symptons if that makes sense. Mine is mostly in my legs and yet at times it is also in my arms and could be on one side of my body. I was finally disagnosed with RLS in December 2004 after many misdiagnosis before. I find that my legs like yours get very jumpy to try to relieve the pain....the pain comes in different ways. Sometimes it feels like needles all over, sometimes it is feeling like intense squeezing(which is the worse!). I am now on my third medication since December.......Sinamet then Mirapex and now on Requip (started at .25mg and up to 1 mg) and have to take Percocet with it or before or it is pretty rough going for me for about 2 1/2 hours after taking Requip. I then really am suffering and still have to take the Percocet and have to endure the pain for another hour before the Percocet starts kicking in. I have learned to take it before or with the Requip........lets put it this way.....I am easier to live with when I take the medicine this way. *S*

I had read up on the non-pharmactuical messageboard on this and it was very helpful. I started on some of minerals the first part of March and have noticed I am not quick as exhausted . I think in general they are giving me energy vs. relieving the RLS but giving energy sure is helping my outlook on life with coping with RLS.

I am just so glad that you have found this website and hope that it will be a blessing for you to come to to ask questions, to vent or just to ramble on. It helps!!!!

Hope you had a restful and peaceful Easter.

Margie
MJMLTD@ALLTEL.NET
Margie

becat

Hi

Post by becat »

Hi Jamie and Margie,
She's right Jamie, everyone of us is so very different in the details of RLS. Not only the symptoms, but the treatments we use.
Juding from your post on the board today, your scared and a little paniced about the diagnosis of RLS. That is alright, your not the first to react that way. Your not alone in the process of living with RLS. Your not alone here with the wonderful people on this board. Your at the right place to educate yourself. That is the first step.
Your asking questions and for many, we might be able to find some answers. Some of the rest we figure out together if we can. If not we seek help. There is so many things to read that I'm going to point out a few here with some links for easy access. So deep breath and lets get started.
The first is a link to a thread started by Viewaskew or Ann, she put so many great things together for anyone looking for information.

Starting out links and information.
http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=549

#1 is the RLS Algorithm, this is a guide to diagnosis and treatments. You can even print it off for yourself or the doctors you see, besides the Neuro.
#5 is an article to print off, again useful to you and other docs you see.
#9 & 10 are both websites that have fellow RLSers information. My favorite being #10 It's Jill Gunzel's RLS Rebel site. SHe offers a non-medication approach to coping with RLS. Very helpful ideas and tricks.
#11 is a website to check information about prescriptions and interactions.
This is important because if you treat your RLS with medication, you'll want to educate yourself any that you take.
I'm adding here a link on a thread that was started about medications that make RLS worse in most cases.
http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=252

Of course anything your can read on this board is helpful. Why, even if the information does not seem to pertain to your present condition, you may have something helpful to add.
You never know what you say may spark a thought in someone else. An idea is born here everytime someone writes something. It's the way we learn from one another. We share many things and you'd be amazed at how far they can go sometimes. We laugh, we cry, we keep going, as a team.
A year ago, this board was a baby.......there were a few people that started to talk and share. We grew, we got stronger, and we ended up helping one another through some rough times. It's the same way today.
I'm adding two links for things to think about.
The first is an online survey Dr. Holly a.k.a. Jumpyowl is doing about RLS.
Fill one out if you would like to.
http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=552

The second is a link to another project we're doing here. Quality of Life statements.
http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=536

Jamie I hope your feeling better already and have started reading.
Glad you found us.

Post by Guest »

your right your symptoms are the worst i have ever heard ... i believe your screwed.

GO TO THE DOCTOR

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

some one get this narrow minded dork off this site
Beware the Penguin