To new member

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
sleepdancer

To new member

Post by sleepdancer »

Welcome to the board. If you've been reading around, you'll see a lot of people have to deal with this, so there's lots of experiences to read and glean what might be applicable to your own situation. I have RLS and PLMD (Periodic Limb Movement Disorder). I've used several meds over the years, and found for me if a med was no longer helping and maybe even hurting, repeated increase in dose was a waste of time. Seems most of what I've read lately (including here) is it's a good idea before going on a dopamine agonist to make sure your ferritin level is in the higher range of normal. You may find if your ferritin level is low that increasing it helps your symptoms. I take supplements and use a TENS unit for my nighttime symptoms. Best wishes in finding what will work for you.