Help-exhausted mommy needs medicine...

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
rthom

Re: Help-exhausted mommy needs medicine...

Post by rthom »

Gwyn
Sorry you are having it so hard right now, I was wondering Have you tried an opiod? Even unknowingly--like had a surgey or pain that you took it for? If so do you remember if it helped?

Polar Bear

Re: Help-exhausted mommy needs medicine...

Post by Polar Bear »

Gwyn, please do have your ferritin serum level checked as soon as possible. And remember that a reading of around 100 is best for those of us with RLS/WED. With a level of less than this we should not be taking anything like Requip in case of augmentation.
Please take a look at the link in my signature, this provides information regarding the treatment of WED and is very useful for discussion with your doctor, bearing in mind that you have already tried some medications that did not work.
You have seen a neurologist - did he say he was experienced in the treatment of WED. Would he be receptive to you providing information that you have 'discovered' and that you think appears to have some good information with regard to treatment - and which comes from a reputable source i.e. Willis-Ekbom Disease (RLS) Foundation.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation