Welcome New Members - February 2013

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Polar Bear

Welcome New Members - February 2013

Post by Polar Bear »

Today we welcome 4 new members-----

BBmen34 -You have had this disease all of your life and we are glad that you have found us, we do our best to support each other.

Patty - You have found us and would like to share what helps you and to see what other help may be available.

Cuedy - You have suffered from this disease since childhood and are seeking information. There is lots to read throughout the threads and the stickies.

Kelleychal,ears - You also have suffered and want to learn more.

Please introduce yourselves, tell us a little about how you are coping and ask questions.
everyone on this Board is keen to help each other.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Re: Welcome New Members - January 2013

Post by Polar Bear »

Welcome Harmony and Ferb - You have both been sufferers for many long years, please introduce yourselves, we are happy to have you with us.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Harmony

Post by Harmony »

Hi -- I'm glad to be here. My screen name is Harmony and I've suffered with RLS for almost 30 years.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi Harmony. Thirty years, did you have it when you were a kid? I first noticed it when I was a kid, but I thought it was normal. How do you deal with it?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Welcome to jumpylegs5. So sorry you need to be here! I hope the people you talk with here can help you understand the disease better.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hello, DEM. We aim to please :-). If you have questions about RLS (working on a name change to Willis-Ekbom Disease, or WED), you're in the right place. Start a new post and fire away. Or read old posts, sticky posts, stuff on our signatures - there's a lot here.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Re: Welcome New Members - February 2013

Post by badnights »

restlessnarcoleptic, sounds like you have a lot to deal with. We welcome you aboard and any advice or experiences you might be able to share.

goldiebaco, you are looking for alternative medication. There are lots of pharmaceuticals of varying effectiveness for different people, or if it's non-pharma you want, there are a few things that help a lot of people and a lot of things that seem to help one or two people. I hope you find something helpful here.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hello, herbcohen1. This works well as a support group as many of us don't have one we can join. Poke around, read sticky posts, post your story in a new thread...do whatever helps.

Also today we have:
Scottz - looking for info on the effects of Mirapex. We have lots of info and people's experiences to share. Welcome.

dnicholas - rural area and doctor isn't as helpful as could be. Oh, I wish that we'd never hear that story again! We can help you help the doctor - may be your best bet. Start a new post and we can provide our experiences.

Rocko -looking for info on how we deal with it. Start in the non-pharma area for some of those ideas. Check the "sticky" posts in the new members section and pharma section, too. Feel free to start a post and ask, too. We probably want to know extra info to help you, such as if you have had certain tests.

parood - looking for info about treating WED - cool, you know the new name! As with Rocko, look around, read sticky posts, read the links in the moderators' signatures...information? We have it!

Welcome all - introduce yourselves by starting a new thread. Hang out with us (or not). And hopefully learn things that help you handle this horrible hell better.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hello today to -

joycee - you are suffering, and your elderly mother is also suffering, read through the threads and stickies about treatment and ask any questions about anything.

aprile - you are seeking information and support, that's what we do best, and try to help all that we can.

JanDell - yes, salt and sugar... just about anything at all can cause or aggravate WED symptoms.

Welcome to all of you, we look forward to your posts and hearing how you have been coping.
Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Debrasuzan - another new member who has joined us today. You have worked your way through the medications and are finding sleep deprivation to be a problem. Most of us here have sleep difficulties and many find that a cocktail of medications is what works best. You will find lots of information - please ask any questions - we will do our best to help.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Lilliankaysmith joined today. Please start a new thread and introduce yourself - your symptoms have escalated since taking Mirapex - I think we may be able to help.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

recondenny has joined us today. You are asking if anyone thinks spinal compression can have anything to do with rls/wed. There is a train of thought that considers that back problems can affect wed. Please start a thread, introduce yourself and post about this.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Welcome to connie42 and cobalt. You are both looking for information about treatments. Look around, read posts, ask questions, join existing conversations. We hope you find what you need.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Welcome jakesmom - you are seeking help and information in regard to the transition from mirapex to the neupro patch. The withdrawal from the mirapex makes the symptoms much worse for a time and then it is likely to settle some. It is possible that the neupro is not covering the temporarily enhanced WED symptoms... but may work when the withdrawal period is over. Please search with regard to mirapex withdrawal and also the neupro patch. Start a thread, ask as questions and we will help all we can.
Betty

badnights

Post by badnights »

welcome cherylfranco. Please post to tell us what aspects of RLS/WED health you would like to share. You can create a new topic to tell your story or ask a question, or you can post in reply to existing ones.