Newbie here.

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
tooldini

Newbie here.

Post by tooldini »

Hello,, everyone.
I have been suffering from RLS restless leg syndrome for many years but didn't know what it was till a little over 1 year ago. I HATE it and it caused me to loss my job due to no sleeping well many nites and when I do fall asleep many times it is after 5:00 a.m. and that is when I needed to get up to go to work. :) I know work from home. I usually don't have any pain but sometimes my left leg hurts all the way thru out. I just feel the incredible need to MOVE and often just pace the floor at 2 or later in the morning. I know many of you won't agree with what I have been doing to relieve the systems within minutes but it work great for me. I often take a few hits of marijuana and it almost instantly relveives the symptoms. I just don't like doing that just to sleep well. I also have great releif from a very hot 15-20 minute bath at about 104+ degrees till you can feel your heart beating strong. Then you inner core tempature has risen and you will sleep better after that. I have been having a few bad night this week and want to find something less illegal LOL. It is great reading that their are others out there with the same and worse then me. Most people don't know what the hell I am talking about when I discribe my problem and I sometimes feel stupid. Thanks for letting me explain myself.

Jeff :shock:

becat

Hi Jeff

Post by becat »

Hi ya Jeff and welcome to the board.
No judgement here honey, what works ........works.
We don't think your stupid. I think at some point or another most of us hide what RLS does to us. I did just for that reason, who understands it? I have had it all my life and I'm learning something new everyday. You have something that is invisible, no scars, no gapping wounds, no cast....most people can't see the destruction it can cause. Your welcome here, that's a promise.
Did you have growing pains as a kid? Do you know if this runs in your family?
We are a proactive group. Survey in progress. Quality of Life statements. All just waiting for your voice and experience. We are trying to get the word out, that this is a serious issue. A truely supportive group of wonderful people around here. We're glad you found us, only sad you had to.
Sorry to hear abou the job, glad you can work from home.
One more soap box comment before the real help.
There is no mild RLS.........it's all bad. It all effects the people that are trying to live with it. On this board you'll find every severity level. It's the best part of this board. It takes all levels for this board to work. There are some that really having a struggle with it, but yours is no less important. If we are all on the same level of suffering, then only a few people would stick around and help out. Everyone here has something to offer, so do you.
Ok, wheewwwwww :shock: :lol:
I'm giving you a couple of links, all listed in the link below.

http://rls.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=549
This link was started by Ann, one research guru around here. It's full of great information you need to read.

#1. is the RLS ALgorithm, the Mayo CLinic's gudie to diagnosis and treatment for RLS. It offers a PDF file to print off for your doc. And for yourself.
#12 is a listing of the most commonly used medications for RLS.( I believe we can call this the Legal List.......LOL :lol: just kidding around sorry.)
You should really get some other great infor just poking around that link, but those two are Have To's.
The next is a link from this site that might help you find a doctor with knowledge of treating RLS, in your area.
http://rls.org/provider_directory/
I go to a sleep doc....others go to Neuro's and RHeumatologist (sp? great scrabble word) Others do fine with their GP's.....Finding someone that listens and will work with you is key.

Jeff, the best thing we do around here is support. The second best is to say Educate yourself about RLS and it's treatments. There is no one right thing for everyone. It will come down to what works best for you. Not every medication the docs try works for everyone. Trial and error sometimes.
As you read around the board feel free to jump in and give your two cents. Ask as many questions you feel the need to have answered. Enjoy being normal with us here. Share anytime, it's how we learn from one another.
hugs to ALL.

tooldini

Post by tooldini »

Thanks for all the helpful info and things to read and learn from.
I have been having a bad week,, and last night nothing really helped my RLS. Finally fell asleep at about 4:00 a.m I think just to being extremely tired LOL of getting up out of bed every 3 minutes. I usually have a bad week or so then a couple weeks with almost nothing. It is so weird I can't figure out any specific item that causes it. I know too much medicine like allergy sinus pills, my astham inhaler, etc combined will surely cause it. I am gonna work on it very hard to try and narrow it down.

Thanks again

Jeff

becat

wELCOME

Post by becat »

Your very welcome Jeff.
You know you don't have to wait for a bad spell to hang out here. We like to hear about good times too> :)
I would have to agree this allergy season has been rough. I ended up on antibiotics once already, then backed them up with probiotics to cure the stomach after.
But the nose, no relief. I suppose all that good rain we've gotten this winter in Tx. has brought out blooming things that hadn't been around in a while. You bet that inhaler is not making it better, but breathing is so nice.
I'm sorry to hear that your tired, aren't we all. I'm waiting for someone to give me a time out so I could nap. In fact a good grounding might be nice as well.
Please let us know if you figure anything out. OR just come back and chat with us soon.
Have a good one.

tooldini

good nights sleep

Post by tooldini »

:) I got a great nights sleep last night LOL first one in a while. I have been having bad headaches due to the allergys I thinnk. I ended up taking some Cold medicine for PM and my girlfriend rubbed my head till I fell a sleep :) that worked great I was out in no time till about 8:00 a.m probably a solid 7 hours sleep.If I find something different that seems to work I will definetaley tell everyone here. Thanks again and hope you sleep well.

Jeff :D