doctor in mississippi

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
cdoesc

doctor in mississippi

Post by cdoesc »

Just wondering if anyone knows of a doctor in mississippi or the new orleans area that is experienced in RLS. Being seen by neuro not sure how thats going to work. I need a new primary doc anyway. I know theres a list on the site, just wondering if anyone had any personal experiences.

wabbit

Re: doctor in mississippi

Post by wabbit »

Go to rls.org and click on "find a doctor". I see three, which are listed below. If you call to make an appointment, make sure they specialize in WED because what happened to me was I went to a doctor that was said on a fibromyalgia site that she specialized in fibromyalgia. She told me she did not when I went to see her and kept requesting her name be removed but she did explain to me what could be going on. She was right. Also, go to vitals.com and see what people say about the doctor.

Nabih Alshiekh Hattiesburg
(601) 271-2204

Ahmad A. Haidar Picayune
(602) 799-4777

Patrick Weldom Jackson
(601) 376-2004

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I believe I am right when I say that doctors on this list have at some stage stated their interest in RLS/WED but we have no certainties of their experience in the disease. If I am incorrect in this assumption I hope that someone will soon say so. :?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:I believe I am right when I say that doctors on this list have at some stage stated their interest in RLS/WED but we have no certainties of their experience in the disease. If I am incorrect in this assumption I hope that someone will soon say so. :?

That is indeed how it's always been. I tried three of the doctors on the list when I first need help. None of them worked out.

Personal experience is indeed the best way - unfortunately, a lot of people don't write about it. I wish more did. I looked at the list we have here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8115&p=62920#p62920, but don't see anyone in MS there. That link is of doctors who have either been mentioned by a person here as being a good doctor, or who've been part of serious research (usually meaning they "get" it).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

I agree as well. I went to a doctor on that list and he said he couldn't help me and that I had been given all the drugs that were out there.