appointment in the morning

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
cdoesc

appointment in the morning

Post by cdoesc »

So tomorrow I see my primary. Have had different symptoms not really sure there rls related. My hip has hurts so bad walking and resting. My arms throbbed so bad from just sweeping the floor. My husband says I moan and cry in my sleep. Sounds to me like fibromyalgia. Not sure, just tired of being in pain all the time but my doctor just doesn't get it. My family wants me to be comfortable but that looks like a referral to a pain clinic because my primary and neuro have both said all they are prescribing is (3) 50mg tramadol a day, and forget about anything else. So I guess in their eyes im just suppose to suffer silently. Just so frustrated. Any advice for tomorrow? Ferritin gets retested in 1 month, because I am low but on twice daily supplements.

rthom

Re: appointment in the morning

Post by rthom »

I'm sorry you are having it so hard with your dr's. Fibro really hurts. Around here they use things like neurontin, lyrica, gabapentin.... for it. They say it's better for nerve pain. Hope you can get something that helps soon.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Tough situation. Maybe you can get a referral to a rheumatologist - they often treat fibro and I think tend to be good diagnosticians. Whatever you do, make the doctor do something. Set a goal, such as to get a referral or to leave with a treatment plan so that you can feel better sooner rather than later. Let the doctor know that you need his help to solve this, that you don't mean to sound whiny, but that this is too much for you to continue to live a normal life. Or something like that. It's really hard to come across as needing help, without sounding desperate (and hence depressed and emotionally unstable) or as too matter of fact (so nothing is really wrong). It shouldn't be, but it is.

Let us know how it goes.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have had fibromyalgia for some time. I also have arthritis. I always felt my hips were really sore (butt bones) but consultant said that it is actually arthritis in my pelvis... (that in the hips the pain is felt in the groin.) I use tramadol for my WED and it certainly doesn't help my fibro or arthritis.

For the past couple of weeks I have used a Glucosamine Gel for joint and muscle pain rubbed over the area and about 20 minutes after application I really feel the benefit of it.
I don't want to say a brand name but it cost around £9 sterling off Amazon. It might be worth a try.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

cdoesc

Post by cdoesc »

Thanks guys!