New to the boards, but not to RLS (WED)

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Wendy1961

Re: New to the boards, but not to RLS (WED)

Post by Wendy1961 »

Hi everyone--

I haven't been on here much this summer. It's been very busy for me. I work at a computer all day--hard on the RLS. I've been using that RL Solution during the day too, and it's continued to work for me, even when I get it in my elbows/arms while working. I still don't understand why it's in the major joints (knees, elbows), but I'm glad this stuff works! Even during the day, when I have to sit still for long periods of time.

I've noticed my 21-year-old daughter gets it too. She sits down with her legs up after working her fast-paced job as a chef (Le Cordon Bleu trained! :thumbup: Sorry, had to brag a minute! :lol: ) and then her legs just start going--back and forth, relentlessly. I've given her some of my RL Solution, and it works for her too, thank God! She can sleep after taking these. Her bedroom's downstairs, and sometimes she will text me from there and ask me to send her a capsule down the laundry chute instead of actually coming all the way upstairs to get one! Oh well, I suppose she's tired after a double shift at the restaurant.... I don't care, you never stop worrying about your kids, and I'm worried enough that she has RLS, so if she needs to use whatever and I can help her, I will.

Has anyone else tried this Western Reserve Labs stuff? I'm curious to see if I'm a "lone wolf" or if it's only the people in my bloodline or if it helps anyone else. I can't chalk it up to placebo effect, because it's been working for a while now--about 3 months, I think--& it's helping 3 generations in my family.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It didn't help me, unfortunately. One night it was worse, but that could have been anything that caused it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Wendy1961

Post by Wendy1961 »

I'm so sorry to hear that! I was hoping it would help someone else too!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Wendy1961 wrote:I'm so sorry to hear that! I was hoping it would help someone else too!

I have no idea why we react so differently to these type of things. My only guess is that they resolve something that contributes to WED - such as an imbalance - but that if you do not have that "something" it doesn't help. So, no imbalance in vitamin B, doesn't help to take it. Same with these. We also know that there are multiple forms of WED. Some people have PLMS, some do not. Some have pain, some have creepy-crawlies. Some have no sensations, just the urge. The ONLY thing we all have in common, I think, is that moving makes us feel better. Given all those variables, it's really hit or miss to find out what works for each of us individually.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We all find it difficult to explain to a non sufferer just what WED feels like and why we must move.
It must be extremely hard to explain the need to move when there aren't any unpleasant sensations present.
No wonder that non sufferers might think that it is 'all in the head' when of course it is anything but !
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

aveerik

Post by aveerik »

Wendy it worked for me the first night I took it but not after that. It has turmeric in it which is an anti inflammatory and on my bottle although it is very blurry it says aspirin which is also anti inflammatory. It seems to me a lot of bad things happen to our bodies in response to inflammation so it is so great it works for you and your daughter. I have been looking into trying to get inflammation out of my body via diet to see if it helps me with over all feeling better. There is an overwhelming amount of information/cures for everything so hard to know where to start but it seems to me if something works for an auto immune disorder like rheumatoid arthritis maybe it might work for WED? And turmeric is indicated for this type of arthritis too.
I am so happy you have found something that has little or no side effects to help your symptoms, hopefully there are others out there that will get the same help. The 10 free capsules is great so anyone can try it without a monetary commitment.

badnights

Post by badnights »

They shipped 10 capsules free to me in Canada after I emailed them. I posted on another thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8129&p=70884#p70884 that I tried it without effect at the dose they recommended. The next time I tried 3 capsules and got terrible gut pains and increased symptoms, but since I had acid problems and intestinal pains for two weeks starting around then, I can't say the tumeric was responsible, so for me the jury is still out.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.