Ropinerole

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
mafusu

Ropinerole

Post by mafusu »

I'm new to this group and need some help and information. I have been on Repreve ( Ropinerole) for 3 weeks now and my current dose is 1mg at night.
At the same time I am also withdrawing from Zoloft, very slowly, down to 50mg every 3rd day.
The problem is, the Repreve has worked wonders on my RLS but I am getting weird sensations. I don't know if it from the Repreve or the withdrawal of the Zoloft. Even though my legs have stopped, I cannot sleep asmy body seems very tense, I am agitated and have these "zaps" go through my body a lot. I'm also very light headed and nauseaus.
I saw my local Dr today and seems to think it is the Repreve causing the problems, mind you he has never heard of it!!!!!! He told me to increase the Zoloft again, which I don't want to do as it only increase the RLS.

I also rang the Dr at the Sleep Clinic who put me on Repreve and she seemed to think it was withdrawals from the Zoloft.

Because I live in a small country town it is not easy for me to return to the sleep clinic and as I said, my Dr has never heard of Repreve.

I'mhoping someone here that is taking Repreve can let me know if they had any adverse reactions or experiences with it.

looking forward to reading your answers, I'm struggling here!! :cry:

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Welcome and I'm so sorry you're going thru this.

As I have tried to go off my Effexor multiple times, I can tell you that the symptons you are having sound almost exactly like mine. IT'S THE ZOLOFT!!!!!

If the Doc has never heard of the medicine, then how can he tell you it's that?????

Good luck
Penguin
Beware the Penguin