neuro appt.

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
cdoesc

neuro appt.

Post by cdoesc »

Just got back from my appointment. I told her that my legs were so much worse these days and I thought it was stress. She said " you know Colleen people with chronic pain are affected by stress. " my first thought was "wait a minute you just admitted I was in pain!" First time I heard someone admit I had real pain and not just an aggrevation. I am thrilled at the thought that if the tramadol fails me in the future, she won't hesitate to treat my pain or refer me to pain management without thinking im crazy or seeking.
Also i talked to her about my difficlty concentrating. I have a year left until I graduate as a psychiatric nurse practItioner. My other doctor told me i just wasnt motivated enough. She said it was very common with the combo of meds im on (mirapex, klonooin, and tramadol), and is now treating me with straterra for that. Im not sure if it will work, but today I actually had a doctor listen to me! So refreshing!

Polar Bear

Re: neuro appt.

Post by Polar Bear »

You sound very happy to at last have a doctor listen to you.
Good luck with your straterra.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That must feel so good! To have someone listen and "get it." It made me feel good just reading it and it's not even about me!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Also i talked to her about my difficlty concentrating. I have a year left until I graduate as a psychiatric nurse practItioner.... She said it was very common with the combo of meds im on (mirapex, klonooin, and tramadol), and is now treating me with straterra for that
That's very interesting. There have a been a few reports of people using stimulants. I use modafinil which is in a different class but is also a stimulant of some kind. I don't know why or how it works, but it very subtly improves my alertness during the day and my ability to sleep at night.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.