Just Joined - October 2013

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Polar Bear

Just Joined - October 2013

Post by Polar Bear »

4 Oct 2013

Welcome to SOTO - who has suffered with WED/RLS for 30+ years. I am sure you will have lots of experiences to share with us, please post and tell us how you have been coping with the symptoms.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Re: Just Joined - October 2013

Post by Polar Bear »

6 Oct 2013

Welcome today to:
ktaborski - who has been a sufferer for 30 years. Using Ropinerole for many years and it is not longer working so symptoms are now in a state of turmoil.

Please read the stickies in the Just Joined section. When you are ready, please start a thread or join a thread and tell us a little about yourself and your WED/RLS journey. We are here to do our best for each other.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

8 October
Welcome today to:

Peggy888 - who has had WED/RLS for 10+ years. Her daughter and sister also have symptoms. Please look through the threads and ask any questions that come to mind.

Laulylou - who is 34 weeks pregnant, she suffers from WED/RLS which is now worse and needs advice in dealing with symptoms whilst pregnant. If you look through Special Populations section and also perhaps do a search for pregnancy. There have been members who have managed their symptoms whilst pregnant, please post and ask questions.
Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Wednesday 9 Oct.

Welcome to:
Bsox1972 - who is having sensations and is seeking opinions from others.

mallloryz - who has had WED/RLS for over 30 years, but it's worsening. Looking for options and to learn about new treatments.

jsawadsk - who's been diagnosed and wants to know current treatments/options.

Please start a thread, or join a thread. Bsox, tell us a little about yourself and the sensations you speak of when you start a new thread/topic. Consider reading the sticky posts in the Just Joined section or follow the link in my signature below.
Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thursday 10 October

Welcome:

eiha - who has suffered with WED/RLS since childhood and is depressed and anxious. Ropinerole is now not always working.

Please tell us a little about your WED and how you have been coping, we all want to help.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Friday, Oct 11 - we welcome:

Carolmooar, who feels terribly alone on this journey and wants to connect with others. It can be very isolating, with people not understanding what we go through.

If you want, please start up a new topic/thread and introduce yourself and tell us about what's going on. Or, read and post in existing topics. There is a lot of information here and many understanding people.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Monday, 14 October

Welcome to Tynk, who is looking for more information and support on how to live with RLS.

And, welcome to LucyBrown, who's just discovered the TENS is helping and wants to share about it while also learning about other people's experiences with drug therapies.

If you'd like, start a thread in the "Just Joined" section and let us know about your RLS/WED journey and how we can help. Or share your information in any other appropriate section. There is information in the "sticky" posts in most sections, and many of the moderators have links in their signatures that may be helpful.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

16 October

Welcome:
grtcrowd - who had a WED/RLS diagnosis 3 years ago - may be post polio related.
rlsplmissues - who was dealing successfully with symptoms until 7 years ago.
Nikita - who has moderate/severe symptoms and also has H63D gene mutation and would be interested in any research or studies.
hercman4239 - wants to share the knowledge learned about WED/RLS.
johnwattsjw - sometimes has to take as much as 2 mg ropinerole nightly and is wondering what else can be done to manage the disease.
bobbymcgahey - has difficult case and doctor will not give more meds; wants to know how to deal with it.

Please read what you can, post and tell us a little about yourselves and how you have coped to date. We are all sufferers and try to help each other.
Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Friday 18th October

Welcome:
Smilebaby - who is seeking information.
helga905 - who is having difficulty with symptoms and lack of sleep, and would be comforted to know that the discussion board would be available.

We are happy that you have found us (though sorry that you need us). Tell us a little about yourselves and ask any questions where we may be able to help.
Betty

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Saturday, October 19th

Welcome to M4gill, who is from the UK and would like to get more information about RLS/WED, and to Chrizizme, who is a long-term sufferer who would also like to extend their knowledge of how to treat WED.

This thread: http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1068 has a lot of good information and links to helpful documents. If you'd like, you can start a thread and let us know how we can help. We're not glad you need us, but we're glad you found us - welcome!
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

hercman4239

Post by hercman4239 »

Hello I am new to this site and the Discussion Board but I have had RLS for years. I have been posting on the "Augmentation" Board but I have another problem I need to discuss with someone and I don't know how so I will try here. I registered on the main site And the Discussion Board individually as instructed and everything worked as it should for awhile. But yesterday or the day before that my login for the WE/RLS site would not work so I could not do any research or work on the main site. As you see I can still log on to the Discussion Board
but no dice on the other.

Can someone please help me get on properly.
Thank you\
hercman

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Hercman- When it comes to logging on to the main Foundation Site I'm afraid it is run quite separately from this discussion board and I can't think of how we could help you log onto it.

Apart from the obvious questions - are you making sure you don't have your Caps Lock on, etc. and I'm sure you've tried all of that.
Alternatively is it the On-Line Community that you have actually signed up to.
But as you have already used the system before with success then you know exactly what you are trying (and failing) to log onto.

There are others here who are more technically minded than myself (sorry about that) and perhaps they will be able to advise you further.
Betty

badnights

Post by badnights »

Email info@willis-ekbom.org - they probably will not see it til Monday.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

hercman4239

Post by hercman4239 »

Thanks PB and Badnights The email has helped and I am back in. I think it must have been a temp. system problem

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Just joined on Tuesday, Oct 22:

MLTKJohnson - who has WED/RLS and would like to share ideas with others.

silverthrasher - has it, sister has it, son has it. Has had knee replacements that exacerbated it - wondering if others had similar experience.

Welcome - hang out and read old posts, feel free to start a new topic/thread and ask questions or share information. We're sorry you have to be here (and wish none of us did), but happy you found us and that we can all share and help each other.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.