Has anyone ever experienced this?

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
runner

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Post by runner »

I am a runner, and run for a college team. Last summer, suddenly, i found that i couldn't run as far as i could before, due to a burning/tired feeling in my quads that would usually be felt at the end of a hard race, and not at the beginning of an easy run. I also find that when i am not running my quads, and only my quads, are anxious all the time, like i have to hit or stretch them to make them feel better. i've read a little about rls, and it sounds kind of like it, except its onlhy in my quads. and walking around does not help, it just makes the quads burn and tire quickly. stair give me real trouble too. has anyone else experience this? does this sound like rls?

Post by Guest »

does it happen a lot at night as well?

I have mine during the day when i'm sitting at work sometimes but you say yours comes after physical activity. It might be RLS but not sure.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Mine is in my quads, but movement makes it better. Most people with RLS are worse at night and at rest. Sounds like yours is worse at day and when using the muscles.

Ann