RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
meandmyrls

RLS

Post by meandmyrls »

RLS sufferer for over 10 years, hate to have evening come when I should be sitting and relaxing. My doctor prescribes Klonopin and Sinemet for me, Sinemet is prescribed for Parkingson's Disease and helps with the twitching etc. Klonopin gives me the good nights sleep, for which I am truly grateful. I think I may have to have the dosage increased as I have been waking during the night, once sometimes twice during the last couple of months. I am sure some of you are "feeling really sorry for me" that I have been loosing sleep while there are so many of you who don't ever sleep. Klonopin really does help with the sleep. If your Doctor will prescribe this for you, I recommend you at least try it. Sinemet has, til recently, really helped with the calming of the nerves too. I have read about a "new" drug called Requip, do you know anything about it?
For years I have taken at least 6 Anacin pills in the evening, along with the Rx drugs, that seemed to help a little more. I have weaned myself off the Anacin, I am sure my stomach must be torn up (or will be eventually) with taking them.
Has anyone tried any natural remedies that have worked?

Post by Guest »

Some people swear by reflexology (spelling?). I've discovered that on nights when it's not to bad, if I just rub my foot and ankle (mine is in the ankle most times) with lotion and then stretch for about an hour, i can fall alseep.