New Members, December 2013 - Welcome!

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
ViewsAskew

New Members, December 2013 - Welcome!

Post by ViewsAskew »

Please join us in a warm welcome to:

Pattyfuad - who wants to learn more about WED.

Mothra - who has had WED for 8 years - recently has tried several medications and is exhausted.

mimsjb - please check the postings and ask questions - we want to help.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Re: New Members, December 2013 - Welcome!

Post by ViewsAskew »

Today, we welcome shelby1 - who's had WED/RLS for 40 years, but regulating meds is making it more difficult and is ruling shelby1's life.

shelby1, We get that! If you want, start a new topic and let us know what you are taking. We might be able to provide some insight regarding possible tweaks or changes.

and Bottlebrush - who wrote on her application, "...I feel like an island. Because I'm so tired I can't see straight.... Because no one understands... Because I'm hopeful that someone on this forum will have a suggestion -- or two -- that might help me cope just a little bit better."

Bottlebrush, we DO understand - I promise. And we DO have suggestions. Many of them. Start a new topic, let us know what you are using (if anything), what your doctor has suggested (if anything), and about your symptoms. We're here. Really.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Today we welcome
barbbauer - who has WED/RLS day and night. It is horrible when the symptoms get to this stage and many of us will be able to empathise with you.
rmcitt - who has questions to ask regarding medications. Please ask- we want to help as much as possible.
cebrn1993 - who feels the doctor doesn't understand despite being given Foundation information.

Please tell us something about yourselves - our members have many personal experiences that they can draw on for information.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Today we are joined by:

lilgolston - who feels it is fime to find out how others cope with WED/RLS.
juliebeashel - who wishes to discuss and share experiences.

Take a look at the stickies in the Just Joined section, ask questions, join a thread or start your own thread.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

13 December 2012

Today we are joined by:
HopkinsOrBust = whose mother has been a sufferer for over 30 years. An upcoming long air flight has prompted a post to see if any information could be found to help.

corkkerry47 - who is a long time sufferer interested in the experiences of members and methods of coping.

PETERPIPER - who has been on mirapex for 7 years and is having unpleasant side effects which he/she would like to be free from.

Edward - who has had WED/RLS for 18 years and has been on Requip for 5 years. Edward would like to stay up to date on progress of research.

drsmith97 - whose husband has WED/RLS, but whose medications are not working. Wants to know about a doctor in their area and if any medications do work.

Please read through the posts and stickies, ask questions. You may benefit most if you post in an existing topic or start a new topic asking specific questions. If you start a new topic, please give us as much info as you can - it will help our members to respond.

We are sorry that you have need of us but glad that you have found us.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sunday, welcome to:

philfs - who wants to compare side effects and learn more about pramipexole (Mirapex in US).

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Monday 16 December

Welcome to:

lknightes - who has suffered from WED/RLS for over 10 years and now feels hopeless and depression is getting worse.

We will all fully understand how you are feeling and many of us at some time will have known that hopelessness and depression. Start a thread or join a thread and tell us a little of your WED history and how you have been coping.
Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Wednesday 18th

Welcome to
T Brenner - who is seeking information to try help a parent who is suffering. It is great for a sufferer to have someone willing to seek help on their behalf. Please read lots and ask questions. Tell us a little of the history and treatment so far.
Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thursday 19th
Today we welcome:

sherlyn - who wants to share with us a cure for WED/RLS. It is generally understood that there is no cure for WED/RLS. Sometimes there is something that works for a time, and also what works for one does not always work for another. We look forward to seeing what works for you.
Betty

badnights

Post by badnights »

Friday, welcome to marthaye25, who is having trouble dealing with this illness. It's a bitter one, that's for sure. I hope it helps to post how you feel on this board, and to ask questions of the other members, and look for what information we have on living with WED/RLS.

Also, welcome to CarlaB who's been recently diagnosed and wants to understand it better. That's one of the reasons we're here - let us know how we can help, if you want. There is a lot of information in the "sticky" posts on the site.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

badnights

Post by badnights »

welcome on Sat Dec 28 to minxnik, whose boyfriend has WED/RLS. Hope you find lots of information and help here.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

the 29th, we welcome:

j56kuz - a WED Foundation member who's looking for stickers for medical charts. j56kuz - I think the Foundation sends those to us when we join. We don't have them here. I've forwarded your request to the Foundation staff. Welcome to the Discussion Board. What surgery are you having? Start a new thread and tell us about yourself if you like. We're here to talk, share, and provide what advice we can.

Managing Your RLS

badnights

Post by badnights »

also on the 29th, welcome to U3278412, who has WED/RLS and needs support.

The FAQ at top right (tiny type below the Search area) will help get you started. There are lots of members who will read and respond to your posts, whether you want information or just want to vent.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

And, on the 30th, welcome to lyndamarie, who's looking for more information and to share insights about WED/RLS.

Look around, post if you choose, share what you want. We're here to help.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

31 December 2013

The last day of the year and we welcome,

susan0987 - who is a sufferer and needs help to get some sleep.

So many of us are in this position, make your way around the threads or go straight in with a post on the board, we all have had our issues with sleep.
Betty