ultram er

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
cdoesc

ultram er

Post by cdoesc »

Has anyone ever tried the extended release of ultram? I have neuro appointment tomorrow. Just curious if this would give me all day coverage?

ViewsAskew

Re: ultram er

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's a mild to moderate opioid-like drug. It should work the same as regular tramadol - just last longer. Are you using the regular version now? Does it resolve your symptoms for 3-4 hours?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cdoesc

Post by cdoesc »

Yes im using the regular now, I m allowed ( 3)50mg tablets daily. Just wondering if the Er would give me better coverage, because sometimes it takes 100mg to give me relief, and of course I always runout at least a week before im supposed to, im trying to avoid this without going on a stronger pain med, which my neuro won't do.

cdoesc

Post by cdoesc »

Yes im using the regular now, I m allowed ( 3)50mg tablets daily. Just wondering if the Er would give me better coverage, because sometimes it takes 100mg to give me relief, and of course I always runout at least a week before im supposed to, im trying to avoid this without going on a stronger pain med, which my neuro won't do.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I honestly do not know. My guess is that it's just not strong enough for you. It really doesn't handle moderate to severe WED as the only drug you take.

I may be worth a try, though. You won't know otherwise. And, if it doesn't, then the neuro has to work with you on something else....doesn't he or she????

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cdoesc

Post by cdoesc »

Thanks for your input. My neuro totally dismissed me today, didnt get a chance to even ask about the extended release. Think its time for a change.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

cdoesc wrote:Thanks for your input. My neuro totally dismissed me today, didnt get a chance to even ask about the extended release. Think its time for a change.

Golly that makes me crazy to hear that. I am so sorry. But, in a way, at least you know and now you can move on.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am so cross !! How dare he.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

More details? What did you tell your neuro and what did s/he say to you?

She thinks you are not suffering, is that right? Geez.

Sometimes we are not clear to other people about how we suffer - we forget to say that we don't sleep, that we're being tortured, that every time we try to relax the horrible sensations come and torture us. The neurologist should KNOW this already, but I've found that very few of them actually understand what it's like. We have to describe it for them.

If s/he dismissed you, you need to do one of two things: get in to see her again, if you think you can explain it in a way that will make her understand what you're going through, or go to a different doctor. If you got a referral, maybe the referring doctor will be able to deal with it by learning more about WED, or will re-refer you (not usually). No matter what, you have to find a doctor who will take you seriously.

Believe this: there is no reason you should be suffering and living a second-rate life. Proper medical care would have you fully functional. Get out there with that in mind and find the help that you deserve. Keep up the search until you do!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.