i am new to rls

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
legmover

i am new to rls

Post by legmover »

I have just resently been diagnosed with rls and i hate it some nights i cant sleep at all do to it ive tried miapex no help clonipine no help and now im trying magnisum it works ok but i still have two to four nights were rls still bothers me i think the magnisium is geting to the point of not working anymore it did great for two months know in the past 3-4 weeks its been horable dont know what else to try any advice from any one.i know there is other stuff out there but if people can hint to me what really works and what not to even bother trying please help me i am going nuts tonight. :x :cry:
when your restless dont worrie you not alone were in this togrther.
Joanne

becat

awwwww

Post by becat »

Hi Joanne,
Honey most of us use a combination of medications. I wish I could tell you that there is a miracle around the corner, but it's trial and error for most of us til we find a treatment.
Question? Did you have growing pains as a child? Having a genetic link could effect how you treat your RLS.
That is not all bad. RLS does something slightly different to all of us, so the treatments go the same way. What works for me, might not for you.
There are some, like our sweet Sara, that just need to go to bed early enough to outrun the symptoms. There are others like myself, Ann, Jan, Rubyslippers, Penguin( i think) that have this 24/7.
I'm sure others would tell you that many of us found that it's a combination of medications that help.
For myself I went from Mirapex to a pain medication and I still use a sleep aid. I topped out on Mirapex around 3mgs. and I had to stumble on what worked. Many of us know our bodies and know how we react to medications. It's that, along with a solid RLS education that will help you discover what works for you. Assuming your doc is willing to work with you.
I'm giving you a link to the WE MOVE RLS information page. This page is great to explain the most common medications used for treatment. Read this info, the medications. Your going to be the one taking the meds, so know your stuff.
http://www.wemove.org/rls/
I finally broke my symptoms down into issues to deal with. Mine were pain and sleep, but I knew my stuff going in. You soon will too. Read as much as you can and ask whatever you like.
You have found a great group of people here. Feel free to post as you like. Sharing information is one of the greatest ways we learn from one another. Sorry that you needed to find us, but so glad your here now.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Yes, Becat, Penguin too :wink:
Beware the Penguin

becat

(((((((penguin))))))

Post by becat »

PENGUINS DO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YA, HOPE YOUR KNOWING SOMEONE IN TEXAS THINKS OF YOU OFTEN. :)

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Love you, too Lady!
:wink:

I promise to be back tomorrow afternoon with a therapy update.

Loves
Penguin
Beware the Penguin