Hello everyone

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
karebeth

Hello everyone

Post by karebeth »

Hi everyone,
I believe I used to be part of this discussion board years ago, but recently rejoined to see how people are coping with RLS these days.
I have had this disorder since I was 9 years old- 43 years ago.
It affects me mostly in the torso and arms these days. I tried Requip and one other Parkinson med when they first started using them for RLS, but they were not helpful to me.
My neuro eventually put me on clonapin and I have been on it for about 13 years now. I really take a low dose and realize that it is not helpful for RLS, but it seems to help me fall asleep and there are the anti-anxiety benefits too.
I do suffer from ocular migraines, a connective tissue disease and anxiety but am otherwise in good health.
I have recently started acupuncture treatment for the migraines and suffered an RLS attack on the table. It was terrible, but I am committed to continue the acupuncture problem.
I can't make any real connection to diet/RLS but know that it increases when my bladder is full.
I am looking forward to reading all the posts now. Thanks for listening.
Karen

ViewsAskew

Re: Hello everyone

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Karen,

Welcome.

I empathize with the WED/RLS attack when on the acupuncture table - same happened to me. It was terrible. I hope that using it helps the migraines. I made it though 6 sessions (I used it for WED) and gave up. If I were using it for something else, I might have continued.

Have you had your serum ferritin and hemoglobin tested? If so, what were the results?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Polar Bear »

I can also relate to your attack while on the acupuncture 'table'.
I was in the chiropodist chair. Chiropodist working on one foot and my other leg in the air doing stretches.
Good luck and I hope it really does help your migraines.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation