Pain in hip

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
justkate

Pain in hip

Post by justkate »

Does anyone else have pain going up the leg and settle in the hip. It's driving me crazy! Right now it's on the right side tingling op my leg into the hip. does anyone have ideas on how to relieve this without drugs. I'm trying to augment off my requip. Looks like it's going to be a long night

ViewsAskew

Re: Pain in hip

Post by ViewsAskew »

Tell us more about it. When does it happen? How long does it last? What type of pain? Does anything seem to help it - like changing position, time of day, moving, etc.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

justkate

Post by justkate »

It usually happens when I'm lying down. It's like an extension of the tingling of the leg but in the hip area. It goes away when the leg calms down

badnights

Post by badnights »

Does it also go away or get better when you move the leg or walk?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

lhoff12085

Post by lhoff12085 »

I've had hip pain for years. I take ibuprofen. I had the hip pain many years before having more severe symptoms (leg spasms at night) and being diagnosed. I'm on Requip now but still feel it in my hips - just don't take nearly as much Ibuprofen. I haven't seen anyone else taking IB which is curious.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have hip pain, have had it for many years and have never connnected it to my WED.
Ibuprofen does help it although I try to work through it and not always take the medication unless I am going out somewhere, or heading for bed.
My rheumatologist (for fibromyalgia) told me to throw it away that it does more harm than good, however my GP raised his eyebrows at the comment of the rheumatologist and told me to continue to take it as necessary.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It is so hard to separate out a few of these things - when RLS/WED is painful, there are many, many things that could or could not be it. I'd have to really pay attention and think about it.

1. Does it come when I'm tired?
2. Do I have other "typical" WED symptoms at the same time.
3. Do the things I do for WED get rid of it, too?
4. Am I sure I have WED to begin with?
5. Maybe most important, is there an urge to move? ALL types/forms of WED/RLS come with that urge. For me, that urge is an anxious feeling. When I have an achy pain, I move because I try to reposition to eliminate the pain, but I don't feel like I HAVE to get up and move. With WED, I always am alerted and feel I have to get up and move around, not just reposition myself.

Ibuprofen should not help WED/RLS from a medical perspective. In my years here, I've heard a few people say they take it. When I hear that, I wonder that either the person has more than RLS/WED, or that they do not have it at all.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I take ibuprofen for my hip pain and it helps, it does not help my rls symptoms.
To reposition to ease a pain is very different from the urge to move that comes with rls and certainly in my own case the two could not be confused.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation