How Does Mirapex Make You Feel?

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Anonymous

How Does Mirapex Make You Feel?

Post by Anonymous »

PCP started me on Mirapex. Initially made symptoms worse, for my main problem is the pain...constant, all-day,dwelling, deep, relentless. Secondly, It would basically give me compulsions, like it made me OCD or anxious all the time...Real bad, w/o it I'm fine again, but it's a shame because people seem to have a lot of luck with this. Anyone else have similar experience? [/list]

Kris

Post by Kris »

it has helped me a whole lot.

I just find that I have crazy vivid dreams. Also usually about 3pm I just get 'unplugged' and crash out. I sleep a LOT it seems like. I used to hardly sleep any.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Paul, I agree with you - many people have good luck with it, but I didn't either. I also had the compulsions. I HATED it. It did keep my legs quiet, though and I didn't get pain like you did.

There are many of us here for whom it didn't work. Some people do have good luck with Requip even if they had problems with Mirapex and vice versa. I couldn't use either. There have been many posts about it in the past. You could probably scroll through the posts and find them or search on Mirapex in the subject line.

Good luck finding one that works for you. Let us know what does end up working.

Kris, I can also relate to the dreaming. Actually the dreaming is even more pronounced on the methadone that I am on now - I even talk in my sleep!

Ann

Florence

Post by Florence »

I am on Mirapex and have been for quite a while. It helps throughout the day, but when I try to relax in the evening it doesn't help as much. I also have dreams (sometimes they seem like nightmares). I am almost to the maximum dose of Mirapex and am beginning to wonder what I will do. I don't have actual pain just constant tingling, crawling feelings. It's not very often that my legs are still.

Good luck with whatever treatment you find that works for you. :lol:
"Legs"

Janet Risi

mirapex for rls

Post by Janet Risi »

i have been on mirapex for over 6 yrs. It's the only thing that helps my rls. I have rls all day and night for over 48 yrs. There are days that I walk 10-12 hrs trying to get rid of them but with mirapex it isn't as bad.
I still can't sleep at night. I average 3-4 hrs but not all at once, 15 mins, then maybe 1hr, then another 15 mins, etc. Its been like this for years.
I was taking 6-8 mirapex a day for 5 yrs but for now I'm taking 3-5/day.

I think this is inherited. My mother, grandmother, 3 sisters, my 2 daughters, and now my one grandaughter has them. I also have 1 son that has them off and on.

My daughter's doctor recommended a iron fusion which took all day at the doctors office. That was 3 years ago and she HAS NOT had rls since. She's in heaven. So this is something that you people can try. Has anyone else heard of this.

Also, does anyone notice that when they eat something with sugar the rls acts up. I notice this off and on. It happened quite often.

I understand there is a lawsuit against mirapex. If anyone wants info on this lawsuit, go into Mirapex Lawsuit.com and you'll get all the info you want.

Janet Risi